Splatoon 2: Future Splatlings (4/28/18)
DrFetus Apr 28th, 2018 (edited) 4,768 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- Just gonna be going over the upcoming Splatlings in this writeup and what to expect from them. (4/28/18)
- The parameters for each weapon were taken from the following links, so just take a look at that for more details. This writeup was made to highlight the more important aspects in a more digestible form.
- http://leanny.github.io/param/parameter_splatling_en.html (Contains details for each parameter)
- http://leanny.github.io/param/parameter_overview_splatling_en.html (Easy side by side comparison)
- The main gimmick of this Splatling is that it is the only Splatling that can store a full charge, like with the Goo Tuber, Squiffer, Splat Chargers, and E-liter 4Ks. The duration of the charge hold is 150 frames (2.5 seconds), which is twice as long as the Squiffer, Splat Chargers, and E-liter 4Ks, but half as long as the Goo Tuber's charge storage capabilities.
- It takes 40 frames (0.67~ seconds) to reach a full level 1 charge, and an additional 20 frames to reach level 2, for a total of 60 frames (1 second) to reach a full level 2 charge. This makes it the 2nd fastest Splatling to reach a full Charge, only being outclassed by the Mini Splatling's 20 + 10 frame charge. Remember that only full level 2 charges can be stored.
- A full level 1 charge will allow Seiren to fire for 64 frames (1.07~ seconds) and a full level 2 charge will allow it to fire for 128 frames (2.13~ seconds). This means that it fires for slightly less time than a Heavy Splatling (which fires for 72 and 144 frames off of a level 1 and 2 charge, respectively.)
- Each full charge consumes 18% of your ink tank, allowing for 5 full barrages.
- Its range clocks in at 120, the 2nd shortest out of all the Splatlings. For comparison, the Mini Splatling has a range of 100, the Heavy has a range of 200, and the Hydra has a range of 235. (Downpour has a range of 150.)
- Each bullet deals 28 damage, meaning that it is a 4 shot kill, but cannot destroy Ink Armor without the help of Object Shredder.
- The base movement speed while charging is 0.5, the second slowest out of all the Splatlings, only being outdone by the Hydra Splatling in that case. Base movement speed while firing is 0.7, which makes it the 2nd fastest Splatling in this case, only being outclassed by the Mini Splatling.
- The accuracy clocks in at a 3.6 degree variance, which is fairly average for a Splatling. However, unlike the other Splatlings, and most other weapons in this game, this weapon has the unique property in that the shot RNG does not increase while jumping (Like the H-3 Nozzlenose and Squeezer).
- Downpour operates considerably differently than most other Splatlings. When a Splatling fires bullets, there is a 4 frame interval before the next bullet can be fired, which technically makes Splatlings one of the fastest firing weapons in the game (matching the fire rate of an Aerospray and Splat/Dapple Dualies during turret mode, meaning that 15 shots are fired per second.) Downpour outclasses those weapons by having a 3 frame interval between bullets (meaning that 20 shots are fired per second)... if the weapon is fired during a level 1 charge. If the charge reaches level 2, the fire rate interval increases to 6 frames between bullets (only allowing for 10 shots per second), but will shift back to a 3 frame interval between bullets once the charge decreases to level 1. In short, this is a Splatling that emphasizes the use of partial charges. Full charges are only to be used during sustained assaults.
- Another aspect to be aware of is the shot velocity (How fast the bullets fly through the air). If Downpour is fired during a level 1 charge, the bullets will only have a shot velocity of 9.405 (This is slower than how fast bullets come out of Splatlings that are being tap shotted, which have a velocity of 10.5). However, if the charge reaches level 2, the bullet velocity increases to 23.2 (Slightly lower than the Hydra's bullet velocity, which is 24.), even if the charge decreases to level 1 during firing.
- It takes 60 frames (1 second) to reach a full level 1 charge, and an additional 30 frames to reach level 2, for a total of 90 frames (1.5 seconds) to reach a full level 2 charge. This makes it the 2nd slowest Splatling to fully charge, only being outdone by the Hydra Splatling's 120 + 30 frame charge time.
- Downpour has another unique property that in addition to the amount of bullets that are fired from this weapon after charging, an additional 10 bullets will be fired during a level 1 charge.
- A full level 1 charge will allow Downpour to fire for 96 frames (1.6 seconds) and a full level 2 charge will allow it to fire for 192 frames (3.2 seconds, which is equivalent to how long the Hydra Splatling fired pre-2.3.0). This means that it has the 2nd longest barrages out of all the Splatlings, only being outdone by the Hydra Splatling (which fires for 2 and 4 seconds off of a level 1 and 2 charge, respectively.)
- Each full charge consumes 25% of your ink tank, allowing for 4 full barrages.
- Its range clocks in at 150, which is between the Mini Splatling, which has a range of 100, and the Heavy Splatling, which has a range of 200.
- Each bullet deals 30 damage, meaning that it is a 4 shot kill.
- The base movement speed while charging is 0.96. Meaning that without any run speed up, you will experience absolutely no speed loss while charging. Unfortunately, that changes when you start firing, as your movement speed gets lowered down to 0.5, which is the lowest out of all the Splatlings. This is even slower than the Hydra, which has a base movement speed of 0.6 while firing!
- Another thing to note about this weapon is that it is the least accurate Splatling in the game by far. There is a 7 degree variance in the shot RNG, which is a massive increase from the 2nd most inaccurate Splatling, the Mini Splatling, which only has 4 degree variance.
RAW Paste Data