Snippets vol. 1
writefriend99 Mar 17th, 2019 (edited) 262 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- “You know that I care about you, right? You’re the most important person in the world for me. When I’m with you, I feel like nothing can hurt me. I feel safe. I know I sometimes don’t show it very well… I just jump in to things headfirst and it means people can be caught in between.
- I want you to promise me something. Promise me that if something bad ever happens to me, if something comes after me, that you’ll stay safe and far away. I’ll take care of myself and then I’ll find you. Because we’ll always be together. No matter what.”
- The first time you bring Alita out to meet your friends is at one of their house parties. It’s a casual vibe, so she stays with the muted purples and black that highlight her body so well. Even simply dressed you think she looks stunning. She’s adorably nervous at first, but she quickly makes her way through the small crowd and before you can blink has become the centre of the party; showing off her body’s plasma generation. A friend hands you a drink and you split off, catching up on news from those you haven’t seen in a while, and bringing out old tales for those you have.
- As is often the case, you drink and revel freely. Near the stroke of midnight you find the room starting to spin slightly, so you head to the back room and slump down in the couch. You half-sit, half-lie in the comforting cushions and watch as Alita talks animatedly to a group of people nearby. From the little snippets you hear, it seems like they’re discussing Motorball tactics. Her face is bright with life, and little dots of pink highlight her cheeks. You smile, content despite the intoxication.
- You feel the couch dip beside you, and when you turn to investigate you find a blonde girl sitting next to you. She’s dressed in bright neon colours, and when she leans in to talk the smell of cheap vodka is strong on her breath.
- “Heyyyy- whatcha doin’ sittin’ here all by yourself?” The words are slightly slurred, and she puts a hand on your thigh as she leans closer. You do your best to move away, but you’re at the edge of the couch and she’s now almost on top of you. There is a predatory gleam in her eye and she smiles lopsidedly.
- “You’re cuuuute. Come with me outside and we’ll have some funnn.”
- There’s panic building in you now and you try to push her off, but she grabs your hands and shoves them in to the couch cushions. You close your eyes and desperately turn your head away, waiting for the inevitable. It never comes though, as instead an icy voice pierces the air around you.
- “Get off him. Now.”
- The weight lifts off you and you see Alita standing over the couch. Her hair is illuminated by the yellow light behind her; it makes a halo around the messy strands. There is fury in her eyes as she unflinchingly lifts the blond girl away from you, despite the girl’s protests. You feel the panic subside and you let go of your held breath. Alita turns to you and her face softens.
- “Hey, it’s time for us to go.”
- You nod and attempt to stand up, but she just laughs and easily scoops you up. You forget how strong she is sometimes. Her body is warm; comforting, and her grip is solid. She looks down on you as she carries you to the stairs to where your ride is waiting. As she does you try to speak to her, though the words come out blurry and indistinct.
- “You’re… you’re my angel.”
- Not missing a stride, she leans down and kisses you on the forehead.
- “I know. You’re always safe with me.”
- “Hey, I’m sorry for calling so late. I know you’re probably asleep and you won’t get this for ages but I couldn’t sleep and I just wanted to hear your voice. The message for your voicemail is so cute! I get all warm when I hear it. Anyway I just wanted to say that I wish I could be with you right now. There’s part of me that feels just- empty without you. I know you have to be up early for work tomorrow but I was wondering if you wanted to go for an adventure on the rooftops in the afternoon? I’ll boost you up there and we can bring ice cream and just watch the world. Like that time under the blanket! Ok this is getting really long ah- I hope you sleep well and have the best dreams. Bye. I-I love you.”
RAW Paste Data