kunori - Episode 1 Commentary (SAO II)
Jul 13th, 2014
- Thanks for the comments, it'll be next week if I wait for Bandai Channel, so I'll just play the video as I do my commentary!
- Everyone, if you've recorded it and you're too free with nothing to do but pop bubblewrap, please, play it and accompany me... lol.
- A panoramic view of the capital, 《SBC Glocken》, in the world of the VRMMORPG, 《Gun Gale Online (GGO)》.
- Continuing on from the first season's, the background art here is just as impressive...!
- SBC's short for Space Battle Cruiser with a background of a once-huge-spaceship reformed and now a city.
- But most of the tech from the interstellar wars was lost and Grokken lost its flight ability.
- Like in 《New ALO》, stuff outside the game can be viewed from in 《GGO》. The live broadcasts in street corners and bars is a 'net program, 《MMO Stream》.
- The comments in the back are nice, huh, lol.
- XeXeeD's heated speech might need a little explanation.
- Essentially, spamming AGI was the best at the first phase of the game, but it's time for STR and VIT to shine! That's what he's saying.
- There's a reason for AGI's popularity at the start of GGO.
- STR increases damage in SAO with sword fights, but GGO's gun battles and STR only lets you carry heavier guns, with no effect on damage.
- The power's the same with the same gun whether it's a macho guy or small girl shooting it.
- It's tough getting heavy guns at the start, so it's better to go AGI 《fire speed & evade》... that's it.
- The 《fire speed》 isn't the firing rate for automatic guns (that's the gun's stat), but how fast the bullet circle appears and stablizes.
- Quick-firing small guns at close range, like daggers in SAO.
- Of course, shooting instantly without relying on the bullet circle (aka, without aiming) is possible, but it reduces accuracy by a lot in GGO.
- It's different if it's super-close-range, though.
- There's DEX in GGO too, but that's for narrowing the circle (aka, accuracy), so it's a stat for snipers taking their time from far range.
- But snipers are unpopular in GGO for a reason. More info on that in ep. 2!
- XeXeeD grand spin! abec's design for the anime's real cool and he really stands out, so I feel like writing a spin-off, lol.
- Unfortunately, I won't have the time, though...
- Death Gun: "Never put, your finger, on the, trigger, until, you shoot... it's a, promise, everyone..."
- Farewell, XeXeeD... The test had Kamiya Hiroshi's realistic groans in the scene where he presses his chest in pain, but due to factors, it became silent in the actual show.
- It's a little disappointing!
- Episode 1, "World of Guns".
- Of course, it's a title that ties in with episode 1 of season 1. I think this was the easiest title to think up of among the bunch.
- Asuna said, "It's nearly a year", but she didn't mean the completion of the death game, SAO, but the day she woke up in the real world.
- Asuna looks at the non-CG, real footpaths and roadside trees and thinks, "What does it mean for them to be real?".
- The process of recognizing the world as information inputted into and processed in the brain is the same,
- be it the real world or the virtual worlds via full-dive technology...
- Asuna, who thinks that before a date, and Kirito, who answers with a simple "The amount of information, that's all", are, well...
- Well, erm, they match as a couple, huh!
- Asuna's clothes in this scene is the same as what the mirrored Asuna wore in season 1's OP. It looks real tough drawing the angles on her skirt.
- Thank you so much for reproducing it from the books!
- As for why their date's at the Imperial Palace, I was researching some things due to another work while working on book 5.
- It's interesting, historically, and the east gardens are beautiful and refreshing, so please, take a look if you're interested!
- A time will eventually come when "The virtual world has even more information" is said, won't it?
- I had the opportunity to test an Oculus Rift demo with SAO imagery the other day and I was shocked by the immersion.
- The field of vision was so wide and I felt like the world spread out even behind.
- If it's connected to wired gloves and locomotion interfaces with feedback, that's SAO! I really thought that. I can't wait for its release!
- But like Sony's HMZ series, HMDs aren't compatible with glasses girls...
- Lasik for just that isn't plausible, but I'll check out specialized glasses (as small & thin as possible + stick to the face)
- And while I talked on, the story went back four hours. A shop let us model the cafe in Ginza that Glasses Girl Kikuoka called Kirito out to.
- The cake prices were really like that. Terrifying.
- An autopsy is first performed by a doctor commissioned by the police when an unnatural death is found.
- Thus, if the cause of death is unknown,
- those without a criminal record will be subjected to an administrative autopsy and those with one will undergo a legally-ordered autopsy.
- XeXeeD went through a legally-ordered autopsy due to the circumstances-
- -and as his stomach was empty, it was judged as a heart attack due to starvation from a long dive.
- Everyone, be sure to take sufficient water and moderate breaks during long period of studying or working or professionally writing...
- Contact lens! Thank you for the thoughts, everyone! But, well, putting those lens into my eyes is scary, super scary.
- Usujio Tarako's bandana, sunglasses, face paint, and FA-MAS are so cool…! A spin-off with him as the main character... won't be written...
- About the cut of a bullet shot in the virtual world and materializing in the real world by passing through the internet circuits-
- -the producer, M, really loved it, lol. Of course, me too!
- And Kirito mercilessly orders his third cake. It sure is nice being young... (in terms of basal metabolic rate)
- The first thing that comes to mind for 《an online game where you can earn real cash》 is Diablo 3, isn't it?
- With all those absurd 250 dollars bids for items accepted at the official auction house.
- But it was criticized as too Pay2Win, so the AH was shut down the other day.
- GGO has an AH in-game too and the system will let you change to JPY after selling off a rare item or sink in JPY to invest in rare equips.
- There are rumours XeXeeD's BoB win was through money power.
- Three fingers, 300k yen! A high schooler can't help but drool at that... Kirito's thinking "A new machine with the newest 24-core CPU!" in the books,
- but that amount's enough for the 12-cores Opteron x2 now. How will it be 10 years later...
- Kikuoka: "Ever since The Seed went public, shady VR worlds have been popping up." Kirito: "Oh really." The conversation's done really well, lol.
- And back to Kirito and Asuna at the east gardens of the Imperial Palace. But I have nothing more to say...
- If I need to say something, then, the setting sun sure is pretty, isn't it...
- And finally Sinon's entrance! Continuing on from the drama CD and games, Sawashiro Miyuki's taking up the role.
- The emotions behind the quiet monologue are coming through real clearly.
- Sinon's a girl with a heavy past, so the story will definitely take a darker turn, so I do hope for everyone's support!
- And here's the OP! Kirito's movement with the sword of light's too amazing... everyone on the staff, good work...!
- The song's Aoi Eir's "IGNITE". I'm been addicted to it since I first heard the demo! The CD will be out on 20th August!
- And so, that's the end of the first episode's sudden, forced commentary.
- Whether you had a normal recording or a mental recording, thank you for following along! I'll do it properly next week, lol.
Please, Sign In to add comment