- CROATIA/SERBIA/HUNGARY/MACEDONIA UPDATE (Wednesday 10:00 30/9/2015)
- CROATIA/SERBIA border
- - Almost all refugees still transit via BAPSKA, which is the only crossing point for refugees on Croatian/Serbian border. Makeshift camps are being organized on both sides of the border, so please split your attention to both sides. On Serbian side mostly Czech/German team, on Croatian side mostly Austrian/Croatian/Swedish volunteers.
- - Refugees are brought here by Serbian buses and then moved further by Coratian buses - to Opatovac transit camp (if they need rest or medical treatment) and to trains and buses which takes them to Hungarian border. According to Croatian government, no one stays in Opatovac camp more than 24 hours.
- - When arriving on place at Bapska to volunteer, please report yourself at the organizing team and please obey they instruction. Measures set on site was crucial to prevent injuries and other problems via crowd management, also significantly helped to gain trust from Croatian police, which is very helpful and willing to cooperate.
- - Also these measures require lot of volunteers, so your help will be needed, some volunteers has been here for almost a week and need replacement.
- - Quick food and water are always useful, as well as garbage bags 200 liters. Also because weather gets colder, warm jackets and other clothes, SHOES! (especially 41-44 size), SOCKS! - but please read about the transport of them across Serbian border. Also 5 liter water bottles, oranges, raincoats (unlimited number), headlights with batteries are needed. Food in larger quantities is also problem to delivery across the border, so please buy it in Serbia directly.
- - If you are able to deliver diesel generator, outdoor wiring and lights, please do it. Also set of walkie-talkies (4-8) will be really helpful.
- - Help in the area is coordinated by Matous, his number: +420 775 992 035
- - Our volunteers traveling via Hungary/Serbia border crossings at Horgoš and Tompa are experiencing problems at the Serbian customs offices, which does not want to let them in the country without paying custom duties and declarations. PLEASE AVOID THESE BORDER CROSSINGS and go via Hungary/Croatia borders. Especially shoes and large amount of food are problematic, clothes has to be proven cleaned.
- - Difficult situation is with delivering aid to Serbia - try to use Bajakovo highway border crossing, were traffic is heavy and there is a chance that police will not have enough time to search your car. Always try to reduce amount of aid you carry so it does not seem suspicious, also try to pretend you are not aid workers but just tourists. Cover supplies with your personal belonging and luggage. In case of problems, there is a possibility to leave your supplies at Tovarnik at Croatian side, but the size is limited.
- - Location of Bapska makeshift camp is near Sid at Serbian side, when approaching Sid from west (from Tovarnik) turn left on light, and after 2,5 km turn slightly left when road turns right (fork type of crossroad), then through the fields cca 3,5 km and you arrive on the spot. Croatian side is easily accesible via Šarengrad.
- - Bajakovo, Tovarnik, Batina and Ilok border crossings are now open for transit, so it may be possible to cross border via Ilok/Backa Palanka border crossing.
- - MigrationAid needs volunteers for MAGYARBOLY / BEREMEND:
- VOLUNTEERS WANTED, especially who can be located there at least 2-3 days in a row at one of our crisis centres on the following dates:
- Crisis centre of Beremend – Magyarboly
- - 30 September – 2 October (evening to evening)
- - 2 October – 4 October (evening to evening)
- - 4 October - 7 October (evening to evening)
- Transport of volunteers from Budapest is available. The volunteers are responsible to take care of the refugees, which includes preparation of sandwiches, keeping the site clean and distribution of donations…
- We are looking for 10 volunteers who would work in groups of 5 in two shifts of 12 hours. (8am-8pm, 8pm-8am)
- Please follow our donation lists - https://www.facebook.com/migrationaidhungary and http://www.migrationaid.net/english/ so we can continuously maintain our stocks.
- Contact: Siewert András, Tel: +36 30 895 1917, email@example.com, www.facebook.com/siewert.org
- - ZAKANY - still hundreds of refugees crossing this place when boarding hungarian trains. At Tuesday there were enough volunteers, but they accept donations. Refugees at Zakany urgently need apples, sliced bread, packed cheese, small juices, baby stuff (pampers etc), plastic bags, milk for children. Zakany volunteers set up a twitter account to inform what is needed there: https://twitter.com/zakanysolidar
- - Inforamtion about times of arrival of special trains from Tovarnik to Botovo/Zakany are published on twitter account of Croatian government - https://twitter.com/VladaRH
- SERBIAN-MACEDONIAN BORDER
- PRESEVO - The situation is still problematic in Preshevo. Food/water is provided mostly by local NGOs and volunteers. Volunteers needed, please bring cash so you can buy supplies which are the most needed, contact Agon from the Youth Office when you come close: Tel. +381 628 54 94 69
- How to helo there? Take tnternational flights to Skopje, bus, taxi or rented cars to Preshevo. There is a need at the moment for raincoats (adults and children) and warm blankets. Also needed warm jackets and rainproof shoes/boots, warm socks and caps, especially for babies and children.
- For transports to Serbia see advice provided on this page, travel with small trucks and take crowded borders. For official transports contact Xhelal Hasani from the Center of Solidarity and Advancement Tel. +381 633 74 034, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Other news
- - Police department in Burgenland (Eastern Austria) has opened a 24hr hotline. Family members who are looking for their relatives can call: +43 591 331 033 33
- - If you are willing to donate money, you can use my paypal email@example.com and I will move the funds immediatelly to the people on site. Thanks to those who already donated, money are on their way to Serbia and Croatia.
- - Czech only: Odkaz na užitečný manuál pro dobrovolníky: http://dobrovolnici.jdem.cz/ - určitě čtěte před odjezdem.
- - I case there is no evening update, morning update is still valid. We are trying to follow all major changes in situation so in case nothing important happens, you can follow instructions in morning updates. We would be happy to hear any changes or updates during the day via email or FB.
- - Please always double check exact location, time and date of every report from situation before sharing. Don't spread panic on social media without double checking the information. The more urgent the message sounds, the more it's needed to double check and confirm. Please don't share any information missing exact location, date and time, as this would cause more harm than good.
- - When traveling to help, always take headlight, reflexion vest (!!!it's really important, we have noted some problems identifying volunteers in recent days!!!), good shoes, protective gloves and warm clothes and be prepared for rain. And always try to contact anyone in charge of coordination on site and obey his instructions. And be careful!
CROATIA/SERBIA/HUNGARY/MACEDONIA UPDATE (Wednesday 10:00 30/
michalberg Sep 30th, 2015 (edited) 1,235 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
RAW Paste Data