- Here is a recap of the terms defined within this article:
- * An Environment is the sum of all resources, capabilities and settings that exist in a PHP process. This generally includes what extensions and ini settings are preset for the PHP process.
- * A Library is collection of code that solves a less specific problem which is further defined by the libraries target audience and problem area.
- * A Component is a collection of code that solves a more specific problem within a library.
- * An Application is collection of code that solves a specific business problem. Ideally, applications consume libraries and components to facilitate quicker and more standardized development.
- * A Module is a collection of code that solves a more specific atomic problem of the larger business problem. The sum of all modules within an application attempt the solve the larger business problem.
- * MVC is a way to group code within both a module and application into a code base that facilitate a better separation of concerns.
- Modules can contain components
- Modules can be routable
- Components do not contain resources (js, view scripts, non-php code, css)
- Components are not routable
- Modules can be MVC enabled
- Components cannot be MVC enabled
- Components are only code
- Components solve more general code only problems
- Modules solve more specific application problems
- Components are elements of a library
- Modules are elements of an application
ralphschindler Aug 31st, 2011 149 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
RAW Paste Data