Can I monitor that?
ChrisLAS Oct 4th, 2018 351 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- New SysAdmin writes...
- Long time listener, love the technical debt that you guys go into on this podcast, it helps young SysAdmins like me learn a lot.
- I've convinced my boss to let me move some of our tooling to Open-Source alternatives and he's very happy with it so far.
- I quickly came to the realization that if I want to make sure that everything stays good I need to set up monitoring. I set up netstat (thanks for this find!) with Prometheus (hopefully pair it with Grafana soon).
- My question to you guys, is there a way that you guys recommend for me to check the health of external services and display it on Grafana dashboard.
- For example, I'd like to keep track of Slack services shown here: https://status.slack.com/
- Or check if the AWS server for my region is up: https://status.aws.amazon.com/
- Any help is appreciated. Keep up the good work!
RAW Paste Data