a guest Aug 23rd, 2019 107 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- **Well, don't play on Linux**
- Trust me, it's full of bugs and a little bit limited. Don't get me wrong, I love this game and it's very cool that we can actually play this on Linux.
- But at the end of the day the gaming experience is not great on Linux.
- **WITH THIS METHOD YOU WON'T LOSE YOUR PROGRESSION**. This is really important cause this game is fun but takes a lot of time, especially if you want to reach the highest levels. I mean you have to spend a ridiculous amount of time to get all the quests and stuffs no matter what you do and even with some skills and speed run.
- # Why ?
- I was lvl 72 op8 and I've killed all raid bosses, I've played all quests and stuffs but playing on linux is very frustrating :
- 1. you're just not able to play this brand new DLC "Lilith and the Fight for Sanctuary"
- 2. so you cannot reach lvl 80 op 10
- 3. matchmaking is simply not possible
- 4. coop mod is a huge pain in the ass to setup
- 5. people laugh at you on Discord :)
- # Dual boot is a decent solution
- First, get a dual boot on your computer.
- Yeah I'm telling you that. You can try Wine if you want but that totally sox.
- If you're a Linux guy you probably know how to do that. Otherwise there are A LOT of tutorials out there to get it done.
- # Get save data
- Go to your main Linux install, e.g Ubuntu and open a terminal :
- cd ~/.local/share/aspyr-media/borderlands 2/willowgame/savedata
- nautilus `pwd`
- you will find there a folder. Its name looks like a huge number. In this folder just copy/paste the 3 files e.g on a usb flash drive :
- * profile.bin
- * save0001.sav
- * save0001.sav.bak
- the file names may be slighly different on your computer, does not matter if you copy the 3 files.
- # Boot windows, install the game and copy save data
- 1. Install Borderlands 2 on windows
- 2. Go to the specific folder `Documents/My Games/Borderlands 2/SaveData`
- 3. You will find another folder with a name that looks like a huge number, just copy paste all files from save data Linux (see above) in this folder
- 4. Boot the game and enjoy new DLC and stuffs
RAW Paste Data