a guest May 31st, 2016 574 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- Starbreeze acquires the rights to Cinemaware's classic video game catalogue, including "It Came From the Dessert", "Defender of the Crown" & "Wings"
- Starbreeze AB: Starbreeze acquires the rights to Cinemaware's classic video game catalogue, including "It Came From the Desert", "Defender of the Crown" & "Wings"
- STOCKHOLM (May 31, 2016) - Starbreeze AB, an independent creator, publisher and distributor of high quality entertainment products, today announced its acquisition of the intellectual property (IP) rights to the entire Cinemaware library of titles from CW Entertainment USA LLC D/B/A CINEMAWARE, including titles "Defender of the Crown" and "Wings", for a total consideration of 525,000 EUR in cash.
- "Defender of the Crown is one of the games that made me and many others at Starbreeze go into the gaming industry all those years ago. For many, Cinemaware set the bar for fun and immersive gaming in the ATARI and AMIGA-era. For us, as a developer, it will be a pleasure to re-energize and bring these great brands into the new era of VR and other platforms," said Bo Andersson Klint, Starbreeze CEO. "The classic Cinemaware games are concepts that still in this day are epic imaginations. We will make them excel in excellent VR-experiences at our location based IMAX centers. "
- Starbreeze will thrill your imagination and ask - Who wouldn't like to save England on horseback, pick up a bow and arrow like Robin Hood, fight epic Samurai battles or pilot a WWI biplane against the Red Baron in our IMAX centers in full StarVR® resolution and fidelity. Starbreeze will bring the Cinemaware legacy forward and into location based entertainment centers and beyond, entertaining gamers for decades like the original creators already have.
- The full list of IP's included in the transaction are:
- The Cinemaware brand
- Defender of the Crown
- The King of Chicago
- Sinbad and the Throne of the Falcon
- Lords of the Rising Sun
- Rocket Ranger
- It Came from the Desert
- It Came from the Desert II: Antheads
- TV Sports: Basketball
- TV Sports: Baseball
- TV Sports: Boxing
- TV Sports: Football
- TV Sports: Hockey
- The rights include all brands, websites, existing products and licenses including the Cinemaware label. The Cinemaware library is intended to be one of Starbreeze resource banks for years to come. It will be selectively used in Starbreeze internal development and its external publishing business.
- More information:
- Maeva Sponbergs, EVP Communication and Head of Investor Relations, Starbreeze AB
- Tel: +46(0)8-209 208, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- About Starbreeze:
- Starbreeze is an independent creator, publisher and distributor of high quality entertainment products. With studios in Stockholm, Paris and Los Angeles, the company creates games and other virtual reality entertainment products, based on proprietary design and licensed content. Starbreeze's most recent games include PAYDAY 2, the adrenaline fueled bank robbing co-op game and the upcoming John Wick VR shooter and survival co-op FPS OVERKILL's The Walking Dead.
- Starbreeze has set out to develop truly immersive virtual reality experiences, by integrating software and hardware in its StarVR head mounted display, to be produced together with Acer, displaying a unique field of vision and a mission to bring top-end VR to large audiences. Starbreeze launched StarVR with a VR-experience at the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) in June 2015, gained by teaming up with French Infinite Eye. In January 2016, Starbreeze unveiled the StarCade initiative; centers that invites people to immerse themselves into premium VR experiences. The first cinematic VR experience "Cockatoo Spritz" directed by Stephane Barbato, premiered at the 69 th Cannes Film Festival 2016.
- Headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden, Starbreeze's shares are listed on Nasdaq Stockholm First North Premier under the tickers STAR A and STAR B with the ISIN-codes SE0007158928 (A-share) and SE0005992831 (B-share). Remium Nordic is the company's Certified Adviser. For more information, please visit http://www.starbreeze.com , http://www.starvr.com , http://www.overkillsoftware.com
RAW Paste Data