- >Rarity was humming happily to herself while putting the finishing touches on her latest knitting project.
- >Examining her work, she finally gave a satisfied nod, then glanced downward.
- >The bulge she was sporting wasn't outrageous yet, but nopony passing her on the street could mistake her condition anymore.
- >Draping the fuzzy blanket over her middle, she tittered slightly and began talking softly to her unborn foal.
- >"Fear not, dearest, it looks a bit silly over you now, but I guarantee you you'll look absolutely smashing swaddled up in it after you're born!"
- >A knock at the door broke her from her reverie, and she called out to her unknown guest to let them know it was open.
- >Some moments later, Anon the human strolled in.
- >"Why Anonymous, how nice of you to visit! What can I do for you today? Does your suit need re-fitting? Perhaps I could interest you in some of my experimental knitted apparel? Recent events have given me quite the opportunity to become proficient at it." she said with her usual flair.
- >Anon simply stood there, staring intently at her for several seconds.
- >"Erm... Anonymous? Is something the matter?"
- >Rarity's nose and brow scrunched somewhat at the odd statement. "Beg your pardon?"
- Purple Walruses. Stop thinking about them.
- >Rarity's confusion grew, and she opened and closed her mouth several times.
- >Stop thinking about purple walruses? Thinking about walruses in general wasn't exactly something she spent her time doing, and she couldn't figure out what in Equestria he was on about.
- Go ahead, try it. No matter what you do, don't think about purple walruses.
- >"Don't be absurd, Anonymous. How could such a simple thing be even vaguely difficult?"
- Then do it. No walruses, especially purple ones.
- >Letting out a disgruntled "Hrmph!", the unicorn closed her eyes and began to meditate on her passions. Her dresses, her sewing, and now knitting for the greatest gem in her collection.
- >And then she realized there were purple walruses wearing all of them.
- >"What? No, this is completely preposterous!" she declared in growing frustration, unable to banish the visions of flouncing lavender sea mammals from her mind's eye.
- >Anon simply watched and nodded sagely.
- >Eventually Rarity let out a frustrated yell. "GAH! Why would you do this? Your walrusy insinuations will not ruin my train of thought!"
- So you're sure you have it under control?
- >"Oh, get out if you're going to be like this. I'm not in the mood for these sort of games. Yes, I have it under control. I will not think of unmentionable creatures in unusual hues."
- Absolutely definitely sure?
- >"Out!", and her magic began scooting him towards the door.
- Ok, that's good, that's good. I'm going to go see what Pinkie is up to this afternoon then, have a good day and take care of yourself! In your state, you definitely wouldn't want to think about how purple walruses remind you that you could auto-abort at any moment. Glad we cleared that up.
- >The door shuts gently.
- >Rarity sits stock-still, eyes wide and one twitching.
- >Beads of sweat begin to form on her brow.
RAW Paste Data Copied