Email from MSI
a guest Jun 3rd, 2019 55 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- Dear Sir/Madam,
- If you recently received emails from MSI notifying you to update your AppleID account information, please read this notice carefully. You do NOT need to take any further action on your MSI account.
- Thank you for your long-term support and patronage. As a world leading gaming brand, MSI is the most trusted name in gaming and eSports. We stand by our principles of breakthroughs in design, the pursuit of excellence, and technological innovation. Integrating gamers' most coveted extreme performance, realistic visuals, authentic sound, precise control and smooth streaming functions into its gaming rigs, MSI frees gamers from tedious trial and error and pushes gaming performance beyond limits. The determination to surpass past achievements has made MSI a ‘True Gaming’ brand with gaming spirit throughout the industry!
- It has come to our recent attention that an unknown third party may have gained access to a third party software for the website <emailing.msi.com> operated by, or on behalf of MSI (the “Affected Website”). As a result, some of your account information limited only to your first name and email address may have been affected (together, the “Affected Data”). Within less than one (1) hour after learning of this incident, we took immediate steps to secure the Affected Website and ensure that the unauthorised third parties obtained no further data. Specifically, the actions we have taken include: i) shutting down the affected server and Affected Website; ii) conducting software and hardware scans for vulnerabilities and/or malicious scripts; iii) removing the Affected Website and hardware from MSI’s servers; iv) MSI IT teams installing updates to the third party software and rescanning for vulnerabilities; v) MSI IT teams setting up new website software and server locations with updated software and hardware protections. We then re-checked for potential vulnerabilities. We continue to monitor for suspicious activities and believe only a very small number of users may have been affected. We regret that this incident may affect you. We take our obligation to safeguard personal data very seriously and are taking steps to help prevent this type of incident from reoccurring. Based on our investigation and findings to-date, we can reassure you that None of your account password, financial data, or other data of a sensitive or potentially harmful nature had been affected. We also have no evidence that any of the Affected Data, or your MSI accounts or services, have been misused as a result of this incident. We have notified the relevant data protection authority and will work with them to limit any further impact of that this incident may have.
- To help protect your privacy, we strongly encourage you to be cautious of, and avoid clicking any suspicious links requesting you to reset your AppleID, or update your Apple password, or provide / update your credit card information. If your email account is a universal email used across multiple websites and/or platforms, you may wish to reset or change your password as a precautionary measure. Should you wish to change your passwords related to your MSI account, or any third party services, we strongly suggest you do so through the correct, official website and/or platform. Additionally, we suggest that best practices for data security be followed, including: i) not sharing the same password across multiple accounts, websites, or platforms; ii) creating a strong password using a passphrase and a combination of case sensitive characters and numerals that cannot be easily guessed.
- We hope this information is useful to you. If you have any questions regarding this incident, please contact us at https://www.msi.com/support/contact.
- The MSI Team
RAW Paste Data