Stepping Down as a KH mod
- Hello everybody, this is difficult for me to write, but as of today I will be stepping down as a KH BBS/0.2 mod. Some information was recently brought to my attention, and for the purposes of respecting the person who came forward with it, I will not state who or what it concerns. All I can say is that it is not something regarding danger for anyone in the community so please don’t feel scared or concerned. As I am currently the supermod for 0.2, I would appreciate if Jordan replaced me as he appears to be someone truly committed to grinding and caring for the game (but as I’m stepping down I can understand if the other mods chose to overwrite this decision).
- I first joined the speedrunning community through Kingdom Hearts in late 2014. Getting into BBS speedrunning was an important moment in my life as in 2015 my parents and I immigrated halfway across the world and KH speedrunning (and speedrunning as a whole) helped me keep calm and move forward. While I always had minor problems as to how the LBs were run with the old mod team, this community always felt warm and welcoming to me. By the time I started seeing problems with certain individuals, I already had made so many friends through this community that I brushed it off. At the same time, I always wanted to become and LB mod as I thought it would be the best way to help the community I cared for so much.
- Fast forward to the restructure of the LBs and I did it. I became a mod, and hoped to this way have a positive effect on this community (and I hope I did). Honestly, while I didn’t like everybody, the majority of the community still seemed like the positive, healthy community that I had first been introduced to. I’m not sure if I convey this with words, but being in this position truly meant a lot to me.
- Earlier today I was provided with information regarding certain individuals in this community. Once again, at the request of the person who provided this information that is all I will say. Also, once again this information does not reveal some imminent form of danger/threat to the physical well-being of people in the community. However, it made me see this community that AI have loved and participated in through a different lens. While I already had suspicions for the true character of certain individuals, the situation was finally clear to me.
- I think it is best for my mental well-being to disassociate myself from this community, simply because of how much it has meant for me in the past and realizing certain things just hurts me a lot. At this point all I want to say is thank you to the people who made me feel at home, and to those who welcomed me with open arms all those years ago. I wish you the best. As to the terrible people within this community, I hope you realize how seriously words can hurt other individuals.
- There are also some people who I consider good friends, beyond just the realm of speedrunning. I would gladly keep talking to you, and I hope this isn’t goodbye for us.
- Thank you for reading everyone, sorry if grammar isn’t the best, English isn’t my first language. And thank you once again for these past 6 years to those who made them amazing. I hope I managed to make your experience as amazing as you made mine.
- - Game Brain
RAW Paste Data Copied