B22C7 - Attack
- <Sorry, Rachel,> David said. <But after all, birds die all the time, don't they?>
- And that's when it happened.
- I saw it drop from out of nowhere. Out of the sky. Out of the clouds it dropped.
- Wings back, talons raked forward.
- It hit David in the back of his head! Eagle feathers flew. David screamed in pain.
- And Tobias - yes, Tobias - said in private thought-speak, <Rachel, David is really getting to be a pain in the butt.>
- David released me. My wings flapped again. I was hurt, but David couldn't know how badly. And he didn't want to fight two at once. He turned and flew away.
- <Tobias?> I cried. <But you're supposed to be dead.>
RAW Paste Data