a guest Jun 19th, 2017 51 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- Tuesday, 05 October 2010
- Tuesday of the Twenty-seventh week in Ordinary Time
- St. Mary Faustina Kowalska, Virgin (1905-1938), St. Placid, Martyr (6th century)
- Commentary of the day
- Blessed Elizabeth of the Trinity : "Mary sat beside the Lord at his feet listening to him speak"
- Gal. 1:13-24.
- For you heard of my former way of life in Judaism, how I persecuted the
- church of God beyond measure and tried to destroy it,
- and progressed in Judaism beyond many of my contemporaries among my race,
- since I was even more a zealot for my ancestral traditions.
- But when (God), who from my mother's womb had set me apart and called me
- through his grace, was pleased
- to reveal his Son to me, so that I might proclaim him to the Gentiles, I
- did not immediately consult flesh and blood,
- nor did I go up to Jerusalem to those who were apostles before me; rather,
- I went into Arabia and then returned to Damascus.
- Then after three years I went up to Jerusalem to confer with Kephas and
- remained with him for fifteen days.
- But I did not see any other of the apostles, only James the brother of the
- (As to what I am writing to you, behold, before God, I am not lying.)
- Then I went into the regions of Syria and Cilicia.
- And I was unknown personally to the churches of Judea that are in Christ;
- they only kept hearing that "the one who once was persecuting us is now
- preaching the faith he once tried to destroy."
- So they glorified God because of me.
- Lk 10:38-42.
- As they continued their journey he entered a village where a woman whose
- name was Martha welcomed him.
- She had a sister named Mary (who) sat beside the Lord at his feet listening
- to him speak.
- Martha, burdened with much serving, came to him and said, "Lord, do you not
- care that my sister has left me by myself to do the serving? Tell her to
- help me."
- The Lord said to her in reply, "Martha, Martha, you are anxious and worried
- about many things.
- There is need of only one thing. Mary has chosen the better part and it
- will not be taken from her."
RAW Paste Data