ircu snowmasks list
Seb Jul 17th, 2019 (edited) 98 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- These descriptions are current up to ircu2.10.11 alpha. The most current description of these values can be found in the ircu source code in the file include/client.h
- This document (hopefully) gives a brief explanation of the use of server notice masks new to ircu2.10.xx.
- This mask allows clients to specify which types of server notices they will receive when usermode +s.
- The mask may optionally be omitted, and reasonable defaults will be used by the server.
- *Note* the descriptions here will be best understood by those with knowledge of C syntax.
- We do not attempt to explain either this or hexadecimal values in this document and familiarity with these is assumed of the reader.
- Usage: /mode <nick> +s [+/-][mask]
- Mask Hex value Description
- 1 SNO_OLDSNO 0x1 /* unsorted old messages */
- 2 SNO_SERVKILL 0x2 /* server kills (nick collisions) */
- 4 SNO_OPERKILL 0x4 /* oper kills */
- 8 SNO_HACK2 0x8 /* desyncs */
- 16 SNO_HACK3 0x10 /* temporary desyncs */
- 32 SNO_UNAUTH 0x20 /* unauthorized connections */
- 64 SNO_TCPCOMMON 0x40 /* common TCP or socket errors */
- 128 SNO_TOOMANY 0x80 /* too many connections */
- 256 SNO_HACK4 0x100 /* Uworld actions on channels */
- 512 SNO_GLINE 0x200 /* glines */
- 1024 SNO_NETWORK 0x400 /* net join/break, etc */
- 2048 SNO_IPMISMATCH 0x800 /* IP mismatches */
- 4096 SNO_THROTTLE 0x1000 /* host throttle add/remove notices */
- 8192 SNO_OLDREALOP 0x2000 /* old oper-only messages */
- 16384 SNO_CONNEXIT 0x4000 /* client connect/exit (ugh) */
- 32768 SNO_DEBUG 0x8000 /* only applies to servers compiled in debug mode (NOT production servers) */
- standard +s SNO_DEFAULT (SNO_NETWORK | SNO_OPERKILL | SNO_GLINE)
- standard +s when +o/O SNOSNO_OPER (SNO_DEFAULT | SNO_HACK2 | SNO_HACK4 | SNO_THROTTLE | SNO_OLDSNO)
- only opers may set SNO_OPER (SNO_CONNEXIT | SNO_OLDREALOP)
- Examples of usage:
- To receive only operkills, use:
- /mode <nick> +s 4
- To receive operkills and glines, add the values:
- /mode <nick> +s 516 (512+4=516)
- If you are already receiving some notices and you wish to add notices of netjoins/breaks use:
- /mode Ghostwolf +s +1024
- If you wish to stop receiving netjoin/break notices, but continue to receive other notices, use:
- /mode Ghostwolf +s -1024 or
- /mode Ghostwolf -s +1024
- A user doing:
- /mode Ghostwolf +s
- will receive netsplits/joins, operkills, and g-lines.
- Opers who are +s will additionally receive HACK notices and anything that was originally in sendto_ops() and wasn't changed.
- Only opers can choose to receive connect/exit notices and anything that originally was in sendtoreal_ops() and hasn't been changed (connect/exit notices also require a #define in config.h).
- If you have further questions about server notices (implementation, etc.), please consult the ircu source code and/or e-mail email@example.com.
- Written by Ghostwolf (firstname.lastname@example.org) -- 18th June 1997
RAW Paste Data