the gog sitch
a guest Oct 25th, 2018 44 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- First off, I'm not an admin of ResetERA or SomethingAwful. The reason I've put that in my bio is because:
- 1. if the whole Gamer group have one of their bogeymen to blame, they shift the focus off of me and onto them.
- 2. it's really funny to see internet detectives assume that it's correct and quiz me on privacy policies on ResetERA and my connection
- Speaking of which, here's the first claim:
- - "A >> ResetERA member << doxed the GoG guy."
- I do not actually have a ResetERA account and have never posted on there.
- In fact, ResetERA has been making sure that my tweets *absolutely aren't* linked in the thread about GoG.
- So why are people like IMC claiming I have anything to do with ResetERA?
- This tweet, where I noted an admin had found the guy first:
- People seem to think that this means I got my info from Hecht -- which is false.
- I had (and still kinda have) no clue who he is, I simply saw him replying to the GoG person.
- I did all the research and found them on my own.
- So, basically, I have nothing to do with ResetERA.
- On to another claim:
- - "A ResetERA member >> doxed << the GoG guy."
- The maximum amount of personal information posted on this person that I've seen is:
- 1. his name
- 2. the fact that he works there
- 3. any of the other stuff in the thread, if that even counts as personal?
- The issue is, this person had put into their bio that they were GoG social media. They weren't trying to hide, it wasn't private info.
- The idea that this constitutes doxing is questionable at best.
- However, I would like to note that if I had the chance to redo, I would've likely hidden his full name and other identifying info, and I regret the fact that I did not.
- (I do note that it is likely the same people would have thought it would not have thought it constituted valid proof if I did, however.)
- - "The GoG guy may have never even posted that tweet!"
- It strikes me as quite odd that minutes after it was deleted, he posted "I'm sorry" with no context, then. That is all I have to say on that.
- - "There's no proof the GoG guy was actually a GamerGator!"
- There isn't, but there's no good way to prove anyone is.
- I think the fact that he was following @RoastieTakes, an obviously misogynistic account, is enough to prove he fell with that ingroup or around, however.
- - "The person who doxed him sent bomb threats to Anita!"
- I did, for a time, know the person who did due to having been a part of a proto-alt-right troll group, but I did not have literally any interaction with the event other than watching the livestream of people being evacuated.
- Anyway, that's all the lies told that I can remember off the top of my head.
- Other than the fact that IMC thinks I'm a he.
- Just kidding, he knows I'm a she, he's just a transphobe.
RAW Paste Data