a guest Dec 14th, 2018 56 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- American Airlines Flight 11 was American Airlines' morning,
- daily scheduled transcontinental flight, from Boston, Massachusetts,
- to Los Angeles, California. On September 11, 2001, the aircraft flying
- this route was hijacked by five al-Qaeda insurgents, and deliberately
- crashed into the North Tower of the World Trade Center in New York City,
- as part of the September 11 attacks. Fifteen minutes into the flight,
- the hijackers forcibly breached the cockpit, and overpowered the pilot
- and first officer. Mohamed Atta, an al-Qaeda member and trained pilot,
- took over the controls. Air traffic controllers noticed the flight was
- in distress when the crew stopped responding to them. They realized
- the flight had been hijacked when Atta mistakenly transmitted
- announcements for passengers to air traffic control. On board,
- Amy Sweeney and Betty Ong contacted American Airlines, and provided
- information about the hijackers and injuries to passengers and crew.
- The aircraft crashed into the North Tower of the World Trade Center
- at 08:46 local time; the impact killed all 92 people aboard.
- The impact and subsequent fire caused the North Tower to collapse,
- which resulted in thousands of additional casualties.
RAW Paste Data