Add full NTFS support to your Mac
a guest Jul 12th, 2019 91 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- Apple devices are often lamented for vendor lock-in owing to the multitude of compatibility issues they have with PCs. If you've ever tried plugging in an external hard drive or other kind of storage device to your Mac, then you've already experienced just how limited these devices can be. Although MacOS does provide limited support for NTFS-formatted drives, it leaves a lot to be desired. Most importantly, the native support for these Windows-formatted storage devices only allows for reading the information on them. You cannot edit, copy, move or delete files unless you connect the device to a system running Windows or another operating system that offers native support for the world's most popular file system. To enable functionality of the same degree in MacOS, you need to use an additional driver.
- Tuxera NTFS for Mac lets you use external USB drives, which are formatted for Windows, on your Macintosh device without any such restrictions. You can swap drives regularly between the different operating systems without any problems, which makes it a must-have solution for anyone who regularly uses both brands. It also comes in very useful if you want to enable the seamless exchange of data between the two operating systems. For example, if you dual boot both operating systems, you will probably need a way to exchange data effortlessly between the two. The driver easily handles files through virtual machines as well, which is ideal if you want to give MacOS a test run on your Windows PC using a virtual machine layer like VMWare or another.
- Enjoy native-level performance and security
- Tuxera NTFS for Mac provides the fastest possible transfer speeds between your NTFS-formatted storage devices and MacOS. Thanks to the smart-caching technology, you can enjoy a similar level of data transfer performance as that which you are used to within Windows. That means less time spend when copying and saving files between your USB drives and your Mac computer. It offers sustained transfer speeds to take advantage of the latest storage technologies, such as external solid-state drives and others. Thanks to the provision of market-leading failsafe technology, you can also preserve what's important in the event of a power cut. If there's a disruption, you will be able to continue where you started without having to worry about corrupted file systems and damaged storage devices.
- Advanced features for enthusiast users
- Although Tuxera NTFS for Mac prides itself on being exceptionally easy to use, it still offers advanced features for technologists. Most importantly, it provides full support for the extended file and folder attributes used by the NTFS file system. It also provides full compatibility with all of the popular virtualization and data encryption solutions, including VMWare Fusion and Parallels Desktop. The software includes a disk manager too for making it easy for scan, format and repair NTFS drives without ever having to boot up into a Windows system.
- Tuxera NTFS for Mac is available for a convenient one-time purchase. Find out more or try the application today by visiting https://www.tuxera.com/products/tuxera-ntfs-for-mac/ .
RAW Paste Data