Jun 4th, 2015
- Nintendo Digital Event @E3 2015: Content leaked!
- A few days ago Nintendo recorded the Digital Event that will be shown on Tuesday, June 16th 9am PT. Thanks to a friend who works at NoA and who had access to the video, I can give you a full list of what will be shown at E3, since he sent me the following text via email yesterday. Please note that this list only contains what will be shown in the Digital Event itself. It will not include Twitter announcements (like Mario Party 10 last year), Treehouse announcements (Project Giant Robot/Guard last year) and other types of announcements (Devil's Third via IGN last year).
- Here's what will happen:
- Presentation opens with Mr. Iwata and Reggie playing together Star Fox on Wii U. Although Mr. Iwata is at the Nintendo headquarters in Kyoto and Reggie at the NoA headquarters here in Redmond, they can play together thanks to the new Online-Multiplayer mode.
- Mr. Miyamoto shows up to detail out his newest creation, which will be called StarFox: Supercharged. It's like traditional StarFox games with a new Online-Multiplayer mode and a local Vs. mode. The game will feature special gamepad integration and will make some sort of use of amiibo. More details on how amiibo works with the game will be given when its release is getting closer. Game will be released this winter.
- Reggie welcomes all the fans to Nintendo's Digital Event.
- He all also introduces players to a new dimension of gaming: Dual Gamepad Gaming.
- Starting September 4th Wii U owners will be able to purchase a second Wii U Gamepad in stores. But this wont be only a Gamepad like you already have. It will be expanded with analog ZL/ZR triggers, a Nintendo DS/3DS Card Slot for playing NDS/3DS Games on Wii U, a high capacity battery and some additional power that will allow game devs to use the entire Wii U power for their games while using the Gamepad power for the second screen. This will also allow users to use the gamepad without having the console next to them for things like accessing the eshop or Miiverse and playing Virtual Console and some other smaller games. This new controller will be called Wii U Gamepad +. At the same time a new Wii U Pro Controller will also be released. It will feature analog ZL/ZR Buttons and a headphone slot.
- The first game that will use two Wii U Gamepads at the same time will be that that was announced back at E3 2014 as Project Giant Robot and that will now be called Robot Wars. In its Multiplayer mode two players can fight against each other using two gamepads. The game now also features a singleplayer campaign, upgradeable robots as well as a huge amount of different multiplayer arenas. The Wii U Gamepad +, Robot Wars, a bundle including both, the Wii U Pro Controller + as well as new Wii U Bundles including a console and a Wii U Gamepad + will all launch September 4th.
- Also at this day a software update for Splatoon will become available that will allow two players to play together in the Online-Multiplayer mode by using two Wii U gamepads. StarFox: Supercharged will also make usage of the two Wii U Gamepads functionality. Nintendo will release more games using this feature in the future.
- Golden Sun: Secrets of the Ancient Temple gets announced for Nintendo 3DS with a first trailer and will launch in 2016. More details will come in the future.
- Developer Showcase: Animal Crossing: World Explorer for Wii U:
- The development team shows off their new game and explains the change they made to the Animal Crossing franchise. This time the player can travel all around the world and discover new landscapes like the Artic, deserts, jungles and more with new characters and gameplay elements. He can get some typical clothes and furniture from there and he can even build his house and live there. This game will also support the amiibo cards introduced alongside Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer. It's still a secret what they will do. Animal Crossing: World Explorer releases in early 2016.
- Pokken Tournament gets a new trailer that shows off new Pokemon like Mewtwo, Charizard and Greninja and some new stages. The game will also come to Wii U under the name Pokken Fighters in early 2016.
- Developer Showcase: Paper Mario (Working title) for Wii U:
- The development team plans to build the game on the classic Paper Mario RPG style with some influences from Super Paper Mario and Paper Mario: Sticker Star. It will offer a great story, a huge world to explore and "super exciting" feature that will use the Gamepad controller in some unique ways that will "totally" change how you play the game. Since this game is still in early development the developers can't go into more detail. It's sceduled for release in 2016.
- Bayonetta 2: Jeanne's Hell Trip gets announced as a story DLC for Bayonetta 2. In this DLC you play as Jeanne and slash your body through Inferno. It will also offer new enemies, weapons and costumes for Jeanne. Bayonetta 2: Jeanne's Hell Trip will be available as DLC for Bayonetta 2 July 9th. A standalone version will come July 31st in a "blood-red" case.
- New trailer for Devil's Third will be shown. The game will also offer a local coop multiplayer mode with one playing on the gamepad and the other one on the TV screen. The online mode will offer a wide variety of modes with regulary updates including new weapons, gear, battle fields and modes. Devil's Third launches on August 21st.
- Super Mario Bros. 30th Anniversary Announcements:
- 1. Mario Maker gets a new trailer that shows of lots of new features like Yoshi, new items like the Boomerang flower or the Ice flower, red coins, Star coins and more. The game will also have a local Multiplayer mode where you can play either self-created or downloaded levels with up to 3 friends. These can play as Luigi, Toad, Peach or even Rosalina. A fifth player can change a level using the gamepad while the others play the level either to help them or to challenge them even more. Mario Maker will launch September 11th and will also get a Special Edition including a copy of the game, a Super Mario Bros. 30th Anniversary coin and a Super Mario Bros. 30th Anniversary poster.
- 2. Super Mario 3D Land 2 gets announced for Nintendo 3DS. In this game you play through levels in the style of Super Mario 3D Land but with new gameplay elements, items and enemies. They player can expect a complete new adventure. It will be available in October.
- 3. Super Mario Sunshine HD gets announced for Wii U. This remake will offer new HD visuals, Gamepad and Miiverse integration, some new shine sprites and some more tweaks.
- This Remake splashes onto Wii U this Winter.
- DK: Curse of the Jungle gets announced for Nintendo 3DS with a first trailer. It's a sequel to DK: King of Swing and DK: Jungle Climber. The player hunts King K. Rool who has stolen the DK coins through different worlds with challenging levels when the game launches in November.
- Mario Kart 8 DLC pack 3 and 4 get announced. Each will include 3 new drivers as well as 4 new karts, however this time instead of 8 new courses the DLC packs come with 8 Battle arenas!
- The third pack will have Diddy Kong, Mopsie and an Inkling in male and female form with some Splatoon based battle arenas and will launch in August, while the fourth pack will include Birdo, Palma and Pikachu with some arenas based on Pokemon games and will launch in February 2016.
- Lucas DLC for Super Smash Bros. is coming out right after the presentation. It will come alongside other new DLC namely the following Mii costumes: K.K. Slider (gunner), Inkling (gunner), Squid hat and costumes based on The Wonderful 101. These are: Wonder Red (boxer), Wonder Blue (swordfighter) and Wonder Green (gunner). There will also be theme packs including a new stage, new music tracks and new trophies based on the game the pack is named with.
- The following packs will be available June 16th:
- Wii U:
- - Kirby and the Rainbow Curse
- - Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
- - Bayonetta 2
- Nintendo 3DS:
- - Code Name: S.T.E.A.M.
- - Stretchmo
- - Fossil Fighters Frontier
- A new update that also comes June 16th brings the Miiverse stage and Miiverse stamps for your Miiverse posts that will then be shown on the Miiverse stage.
- To celebrate the release of Lucas a localized version of Mother 3 comes to the Wii U Virtual Console also June 16th! It will be fully translated into English.
- Developer Showcase: Wii Sports: Holiday Island for Wii U:
- The player can access over 20 sports including some sports from Wii Sports Resort by walking to the attraction where the sport begins on the huge open Wuhu Island. On the way he can find other Mii characters sent via Miiverse. The game will feature both local and online multiplayer for all sports. On the island itself the player can use a bike in order to get faster to the next sport. He can also do a variety of side quests which will be detailed out at a later point. The Wii U gamepad will function as a camera with which you can take photos and post them in Miiverse. Wii Sports: Holiday Island launches in 2016.
- Excite Truck (Working title) gets announced for Wii U with a first trailer. This time you can fully customize your truck and compete in an online multiplayer mode. You can also expect new locations like Brasil, Egypt and Japan when the game launches in 2016.
- Reggie pops up once again, says thanks for watching and explains all the things happening afterwards. But he can't leave the fans without one more thing:
- Metroid Prime 4 gets announced for Wii U with a first 30 second trailer. It's developed by Retro Studios and will launch in 2016.
- End of presentation.
Please, Sign In to add comment