OpenStack VPS + WordPress... why not?
hjysy Sep 18th, 2019 163 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- OpenStack VPS + WordPress... why not?
- I'm interested in getting an OpenStack VPS to start one or two WordPress websites on it, because I want to keep them on separate and cheaper hosting than my current providers (which I will also keep because I'm happy with them).
- If You want to buy cheap web hosting then visit http://Listfreetop.pw and select the cheapest hosting. it can be suitable for all your needs.
- Top 200 best traffic exchange sites http://Listfreetop.pw/surf
- list of top gpt sites
- list of top ptc sites
- list of top ptp sites
- list of top crypto currency Wallets sites
- While searching about this combination of OpenStack VPS and WordPress, I found that at least one provider recommends against this. From their FAQ:
- Q: I want to host my Magento / Wordpress / ... website on OpenStack.
- A: While OpenStack is great for many types of applications and use-cases we recommend you to host these kind of websites on our traditional xen platform.
- Why? They don't say, and I can't really find much about it when searching. I'd like to hear what you all think about it. Is it really a bad idea? Thanks.
- There's no reason to not host a WordPress site in an OpenStack cloud other than cost too high.
- An OpenStack cloud is a complex beast and it might be too much and too costly for a simple WordPress website.
- But it also depends on the monthly subscriptions the cloud operator offers. As long as you can get a $5-$10 VPS in that OpenStack cloud there's not reason to not run WordPress that.
- Why would the underlying server admin panel matter? A VPS is a VPS,(generally). Openstack just creates KVM or LXC virtual machines on top of what ever cluster of servers its controlling. No different than creating each machine manually, as far as the end user goes anyway.
- I'm interested in getting an OpenStack VPS to start one or two WordPress websites on it, because I want to keep them on separate
- To properly answer this, other questions need to be answered.
- 1. Are these new installations with zero to very little traffic, or clients with high traffic per hour?
- 2. Are there any specific functions or plugins that a regular account could not handle?
- 3. If they are existing websites, has there been any prior issues that would be addressed here?
- Overall, WordPress can be installed on any host, but not every host can accommodate WordPress (depending on needs). When it comes to what type of account is needed, think of it as renting a large moving truck to move a fish bowl and a few books. If it's not needed, it's a huge waste of money each month, and if its being self-managed, the time needed can and will take away from the content of the website.
- It does not matter if you use OpenStack or OnApp. Get any KVM VPS that suits your budget. It does not need to be hosted on an OpenStack platform.
- Thanks for the replies. To answer some of the questions here:
- - Yes, it is for setting up new websites with no traffic.
- - The provider I'm looking at is using KVM and it's cheap. (So I'm not worried about wasting money, but wasting my time if it won't be appropriate.)
- - For the question of "specific functions or plugins that a regular account could not handle", I don't know what is considered a regular account but I don't plan on using any unusual plugins or anything like that.
- Right now I have two hosts, Westhost's "Premium WordPress Hosting Pro" plan which is great but only allows one domain per plan no matter how little resources that one domain uses, and an old VPS based on OpenVZ with another host who says they'll be retiring those services soon.
- I guess I'll just have to try it and see how it goes. Maybe I'll get someone to do the initial setup for me though, because I hate managing that stuff myself.
- Maybe I'll get someone to do the initial setup for me though, because I hate managing that stuff myself.
- Or you can get a managed SSD VPS that will do everything for you from the server level.
- Specially 4 You ||| Elevate Your Sites
- JoneSolutions.Com ( Jones.Solutions or Jones.Hosting ) is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions and services since 2001
- For you situation I don't see any difference. you can still host your site on non-Cloud VPS.
- Freelance Linux and Windows system admin LPIC-1 and LPiC-2 certified Telegram @sysnasri
- 5 Years of experience in Web Hosting.
- Cheap VPS and Hosting Plans amandahost.com
- q money make a jugg download
- did world war z make money
- 9 ways to make money
- domain yandex
- a hosting affiliate
- is hostelworld legit
- d-hosting ssl
- 1 domain drive
RAW Paste Data