/tsg/ Main Pastebin
#2 Guides and Reviews
#3 Gameplay Questions
[!! Make the effort to read this and consult Google before asking questions in the thread.]
[#2 Guides and Reviews]
- Lazy Game Reviews, currently one of the only few passionate and honest reviewers for the series:
[#3 Gameplay Questions]
- How can I build a good house?
For variety and inspiration, add home design blogs to an RSS feed and take a good look at buildings in your location.
- How can I make Sims 3 run better?
1. Use and configure NRAAS Master Controller with the Integration Module and set all categories to "compact" in CAS settings.
2. Use and configure NRAAS Overwatch, Error Trap, and Register if you're using Pets, Bridgeport, or Isla Paradiso.
3. Use S3PE to merge packages if you have a lot of folders or CC items (DO NOT merge skintones, mods, patterns, defaults, or overrides.)
5. Your game will get slower the more content you've installed. Try only installing the EPs/SPs that you want.
- Related Links:
- Recommended Essential Sims 3 EPs?
Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Seasons, University Life
- I'm on a Mac, and have problems with Sims 3
Install Windows 7 or 8.1 via Bootcamp and then play.
- My CC isn't showing up (TS2/TS3/TS4):
Make sure you are not missing an original mesh for a recolor. Make sure your game is updated. Delete your caches and allow them to refresh. If that fails, then the creator is an idiot and you should look for better CC.
- I moved from a Mac and none of my mods work or throw an error when launching the game (TS2/TS3/TS4):
Follow this guide:
- When playing Sims 3 "Unable to start game. Service initialization failed":
Re-install, and stop using cracks.
- My disc is scratched and can't load the game (TS3):
Contact EA customer support with box/codes/serial, etc. ready to provide proof you own the game, and they might be able to give you an origin code for the digital version. And be ready to wait, because the service tends to be very slow.
- Unknown Cinematic Error Occurred (TS3):
Delete your "Cameras" folder and allow it to refresh.