- You've got me wrapped around you finger,
- But all you see is her.
- You tell me you love me but only as a friend,
- But when I lay my eyes on someone else, I hear you say, "Please don't, you'll break my heart beyond amend."
- So, I sit in this circle as you walk around me,
- When I ask you who you love, you answer with, "Nobody."
- You pour your heart out to my ears and eyes
- The lows, the crying, the laughter and the highs.
- I stay for it all, joyously nodding along to the beat of my steadily breaking heart,
- Simply because I cannot take it when we're apart.
- I let myself believe that everything will work out in the end,
- That my heart won't be bleeding out one day, you'll lift me in your arms and say, "I will love you until my back is bent."
- An impossible fantasy is all that's keeping me in this circle, chasing after you,
- The thought that we could be something so bright, beautiful and brand-new.
- With wide, hopefully eyes, I ask again, "Do you love me?"
- You answer with "No, but I won't set you free."
- And so, we keep round and round in these never-ending circles.
RAW Paste Data