On Tracy Fullerton, Game Innovation Lab, and IndieCade
Honkimus_Maximus Apr 29th, 2016 (edited) 2,300 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- In 2011, Tracy Fullerton, head of the USC Game Innovation Lab, was involved as a committee member in the IndieCade awards which FEZ won. Kellee Santiago was financially tied FEZ and also the jury committee member for that year. She was also a prior USC Game Innovation Lab graduate research assistant in 2006 and student of Tracy Fullerton.
- In 2012, Tracy Fullerton's game won an award at IndieCade with Kellee Santiago as the jury committee member. During 2009, Tracy states that she gave thatgamecompany $20k. Months prior to these awards, Kelle Santiago described Tracy Fullerton as her friend.
- In 2013, Tracy Fullerton won IndieCade's Trailblazer award. Of the total 2013 Indiecade Festival Organizers, Richard Lemarchand, Sean Bouchard, Anna Lotko, Jeremy Gibson, and Elizabeth Swensen all had had been a part Game Innovation Lab. Jeremy Gibson was an Assistant Professor teaching game design for the Interactive Media Division of the University of Southern California's School of Cinematic Arts. He was also the co-chair for the jury.
- ((Background Information))
- Tracy Fullerton heads the Game Innovation Lab at USC.
- She is also the head of the Higher Education Video Game Alliance.
- She also game thatgamecompany, co-founded by Kellee Santiago, $20k in 2009.
- People involved with USC's Game Innovation Lab.
- Selection process for IndieCade.
- At the time when FEZ won its award from IndieCade in 2011, Kelle Santiago was on the jury committee for the IndieCade awards at the time. She was also an investor in FEZ. (http://gamesnosh.com/fez-investors-outed-judges-2011-igf-award/)
- At the same time, Richard Lemarchand, & Tracy Fullerton of Games Innovation Lab were also on the committee for 2011's IndieCade awards.
- Kellee worked as a graduate research assistant for the Game Innovation Lab which Tracy heads back in 2006. (https://archive.is/iG0ej) Kellee was also one of Tracy Fullerton's students. (https://archive.is/yNXG2#selection-319.641-319.712)
- IndieCade 2011:
- The year after Fez won its award, Fullerton's A Reality Ends Here game from USC won an award at IndieCade. With Kellee Santiago as the committee member for the jury once again. (https://archive.is/QGSfr) Around the time these awards were taking place, Kelle Santiago described Tracy Fullerton as her friend. (http://archive.is/MFpVx)
- IndieCade 2012:
- Tracy Fullerton received IndieCade's Trailblazer award in 2013. The Trailblazer award is an honorary prize given by IndieCade every year to a working game creator who has both made great contributions to the field of games and captures the independent spirit. The Trailblazer award is for distinguished accomplishment over a career of game creation, and recognizes those personalities without whom many of us would have never fallen in love with the field. Past recipients include: Tim Schafer (2010), Megan Gaiser (2011), Elan Lee (2012).
- Of the total 2013 Indiecade Festival Organizers, Richard Lemarchand, Sean Bouchard, Anna Lotko, Jeremy Gibson, and Elizabeth Swensen all had had been a part Game Innovation Lab. Jeremy Gibson was an Assistant Professor teaching game design for the Interactive Media Division of the University of Southern California's School of Cinematic Arts. He was also the co-chair for the jury.
- IndieCade 2013:
RAW Paste Data