In this file of RES 110 Entire Course you will find the next docs: RES 110 Diversity between Hispanics in America Final.doc
RES 110 Diversity between Hispanics in America Outline.doc
RES 110 Primary vs. Secondary Research.doc
RES 110 Reseach Proposal on Hispanic Diversity.doc
RES 110 Research Paper Timeline Guide.doc
RES 110 University Library CWE questions.doc
Mathematics - Statistics
1. Consider the following age data, which is the result of selecting a random sample of 20 United Airlines pilots.
47 45 45 52 58 55 58 44 42 38
45 52 48 47 51 45 52 42 37 40
a. Compute the mean, median, mode, and standard deviation, Q1, Q3, Min, Max for the above sample data on age of pilots.
b. In the context of this situation, interpret the Median, Q1, and Q3.
2. Consider the following data on customers at an office supply store. These customers are categorized by their previous volume purchases and their age.
50 or older
If you choose one customer at random, then find the probability that the customer
a. is a new customer.
b. is a high volume customer and is in the 40's.
c. is in the 20's, given that the customer is low volume.
3. A source in the Internal Revenue Service has stated that historically 90% of federal tax returns filed are free of arithmetic errors. A random sample of 25 returns are selected and checked carefully for arithmetic errors. Assuming independence, find the probability that
a. all 25 returns are free of arithmetic errors.
b. at most 23 returns are free of arithmetic errors.
c. more than 17 are free of arithmetic errors. (Points : 18)
4. The Federal Government is stepping up efforts to reduce average response times of fire departments to fire calls. The distribution of mean response times to fire calls follows a normal distribution with a mean of 12.8 minutes and a standard deviation of 3.7 minutes.
a. Find the probability that a randomly selected response time is less than 15 minutes.
b. Find the probability that a randomly selected response time is between 13 minutes and 15 minutes.
c. The fastest 20% of fire departments will be singled out for a special safety award. How fast must a fire department be in order to qualify for the special safety award?
5. A new brand of laptop battery is produced by ZELCO. The company claims that the battery will last for an extended period of time before a recharge is necessary. A sample of 40 batteries is tested for the length of usage time to recharge. The sample results are as follows:
Sample Standard hrs.
a. Construct a 99% confidence interval for the average length of usage time to recharge.
b. Interpret this interval.
c. How large a sample size will need to be selected if we wish to have a 99% confidence interva
Click this link Now for Complete Course - https://bitly.com/1oJK1pz
A credit card is often necessary, particularly if you are going to school far away from home. However, be smart about your decision. Research your options and select a card that has a low interest rate. Also, make sure there aren't any annuals fees and don't be tempted by high credit limits. Those are just a recipe for disaster.