- BALKAN ROUTE UPDATE 7/12/2015 Monday 23:45
- - 4,978 refugees & migrants arrived on the Greek islands today, evacuation from Idomeni still not in progress.
- - Greek PM Tsipras says more refugee hotspots will be completed by the end of the year, one of which will be at the FYROM-Greek border
- - Archive of the updates: http://pastebin.com/u/michalberg
- - LESVOS and other islands: 20 325 people cam to Greek islands in December till 6.12., this is average of 3400 daily, but almost 5000 on Monday. 2010 on Chios, where it averages around 1000 people.
- Volunteering and donation info: http://bit.ly/lesvolunteer
- Short term volunteering info: http://jdem.cz/buwva7
- - IDOMENI: The situation is calm, the FRONTEX office/container is still empty and there is no sight of their presence. The UNHCR believes that still 2000 to 2500 people are staying here at the moment. Some people went back from Athens to Idomeni, reports also some managed to get smuggled to FYROM, but detained and returned back to Greece.
- If you want to volunteer, please contact email@example.com or Lea Wilmsen (FB - Lea Wlmsn) or +306 989 397 067, firstname.lastname@example.org. We recommend ONLY EXPERIENCED volunteers to come, situation volatile and dangerous at times. Volunteers can use hotels in Polikastro (17km) or sleep in a tent. If you want to donate money, please contact https://www.facebook.com/aslam.obaid , no need of material donations reported now.
- Liveticker updates: http://livetickereidomeni.bordermonitoring.eu/
- - GEVGELIJA: 4000 people entered Macedonia, but situation under control. Enough food and clothes ready for new refugees that came in the evening. If you can help with donations, write to email@example.com
- - MIRATOVAC: Miratovac needs support right now. Contact persons are Manuela +41 788 045 170 and Daniel +49 157 741 671 47.
- Miratovac is the first village after the Serbian-Macedonian border. People from Syria, Iraq, and Afghanistan pass the village after an hour-long walk through the muddy and swampy border area, just before they go to the Preševo registration camp by bus. There's a meeting point providing food, clothes (especially winter gear and children’s clothes), space for relaxation, and medical treatment for them. At the moment, there's no distribution of clothes, since there are not enough helpers/volunteers. Also, tents for the night-time after the buses stop running are currently getting installed.
- - PREŠEVO: Busy during the day. No need for volunteers at this moment. Volunteers are still lacking money for purchasing food, SHOES needed. If you can donate, please contact United Volunteers of Preševo, Tel. +381 62 1499 561.
- - DIMITROVGRAD: Today representatives from the "Humanitarian Aid and Civil Protection" of the European Comission visited Dimitrovgrad. Camp is almost empty right now, registration process is fast. IHO is handing out food packages as well as clothing and blankets during the night. Local team still asks for socks, gloves, scarves, caps and blankets. Volunteers needed since Saturday 12th! Coordinator on site is Tarek: +381 62 895 45 77.
- - BEOGRAD: Nearly 300 refugees came today to Miksaliste. Volunteers are asking for paper cups, coffee, milk, sugar, biscuits, razors, shaving cream, paper tissues, rubber gloves for volunteers; shoes, pants, coats, hats and gloves for men. VOLUNTEERS NEEDED! Please use Volunteer spot http://www.volunteerspot.com/login/entry/4179297180119 or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Refugees can go to the Asylum Center at Krnjača, where they have access to hot meals, showers and a place to rest. Asylum Protection Center - provides legal, psychosocial and psychological support to refugees. Only long-term volunteers required. Based in Belgrade as well as Sid and they also have two offices in Presevo. Contact: Rados Djurovic +381 63 704-7080, email@example.com
- - ŠID/ADAŠEVCI: Czech volunteer team helps in Adaševci in two shifts (16-24h, 0-8h), we provide information, hand out water and some basic clothes. Situation is calm and steady. Shoes, socks, scarfs, hats, large plastic garbage bags and tapes welcomed. No volunteers needed, Czech team handles this internally.
- - SLAVONSKI BROD: 4162 people entered Croatia today till 9 pm, Slavonski Brod hosts cca 1000 of them during the night. What is needed here: shoes & socks (39-44), especially men's, incontinence pads, wheelchairs, baby carriages, baby carriers, caps, shawlf, gloves + some jackets. Volunteers registration for December has been closed. Contacts for donations: firstname.lastname@example.org or https://www.facebook.com/anto.vrdoljak
- - DOBOVA: Very busy night yesterday in Dobova. Tents were so full people had no place to sit on the floor. Monday morning 1.034 people were in Dobova camp, while 1.179 were in Šentilj. Dobova is missing shoes, winter jackets for smaller kids and baby bottles. If you can donate either please contact https://www.facebook.com/Slovenskafilantropija or https://www.facebook.com/areyousyrious/
- - SPIELFELD: Military is preparing warm meals for the refugees, but only from 6PM to 10PM every day. No volunteers needed/allowed.
- OTHER NEWS
- - SUPPLIES IN SZEGED: Warehouse of MigSzol Szeged is still full of food, non-food and hygiene goods. You can pick up anything when travelling to Serbia/Macedonia and elswehere. Contact coordinators Szalai Balázs +36 20 229 6669 or Szőke - Tóth Ágnes +36 304 27 34 60.
- - Large amounts of supplies could be picked up also in Zagreb, please call Lejla +385 91 456 77 05 if you are able to bring any supplies from Zagreb to any of the borders.
- - and don't forget to act: http://www.europeact.eu
BALKAN ROUTE UPDATE 7/12/2015 Monday 23:45
michalberg Dec 7th, 2015 1,465 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
RAW Paste Data