- Rules and Guidelines for Chat
- #ex-muslim is an irc channel where ex-muslims and others of different backgrounds, locales, and environments can share time together, discuss their issues and ideas without judgement, and just generally enjoy a good environment. In order to facilitate such an environment in which a global community of ex-muslims can thrive it is best to set up some boundaries. As such here are a list of chat rules and guidelines that must be abided by all members. Take a moment to read and understand them.
- Do not glorify or condone rape or violence towards others in any form.
- Do not use racial, sexual, or ethnic slurs. This includes bigotry towards any people, groups and communities.
- Do not trivialize or belittle others’ experience of abuse.
- Do not disclose the private details and personal information of any other chat member on the main chat without their consent.
- Do not disseminate the contents of pm conversations in main chat.
- Do not abuse pms to harass other members or circumvent chat rules.
- If you are receiving harassing pms, please contact a channel moderator; if a mod is unavailable use the /ignore command and report to a mod when later available.
- Do not attempt to circumvent a temporary or permanent ban.
- Moderators will be open to users communication of complaints/concerns through pm, will consider all complaints and act in an unbiased fashion in enforcing these rules.
- Do not engage in ad hominem attacks and personal arguments in the main chat.
- Do not mention private, exclusive chat conversations on the main chat, including outside skype chats etc.
- Open invitations to outside conversations are permitted, but exercise personal discretion.
- Do constructively contribute by listening to and offering advice to fellow members.
- Do be considerate and polite to other chat members.
- Do be as open as you are comfortable being in sharing your experiences.
- Breaking rules will lead to an immediate kick/ban on moderator discretion. Repeated failure to conform to chat guidelines can similarly lead to kick/ban.