anti-magic page 19-20
wolfpaladin Feb 19th, 2019 73 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- Sadie scanned the field for Setne. “Where is the skinny old git?”
- The skinny old git appeared right behind her. He spoke a single word from his scroll of nasty
- surprises, and the ground exploded.
- When I regained my senses, I was still standing, which was a minor miracle. The force of the spell
- had pushed me away from Setne, so my shoes had made trenches in the mud.
- I looked up, but I couldn’t make sense of what I was seeing. Around Setne, the earth had ruptured in a
- ten-foot-diameter ring, splitting open like a seedpod. Plumes of dirt had sprayed outward and were frozen
- in midair. Tendrils of red sand coiled around my legs and brushed against my face as they snaked in all
- directions. It looked like somebody had stopped time while slinging red mud from a giant salad spinner.
- Sadie lay flat on the ground to my left, her legs buried under a blanket of mud. She struggled but
- couldn’t seem to get free. Her staff was knocked out of reach. Her scroll was a muddy rag in her hand.
- Page 20
- All around the clearing, Setne’s earth magic shattered. The tendrils of red sand fell to the ground with
- a loud slosh, and suddenly I could move again. Sadie struggled to her feet. Annabeth ran to my side.
- Setne didn’t seem concerned about us.
- He gave Nekhbet a mock bow. “Very impressive. But watch this!”
RAW Paste Data