Goetz - Geli on serial
a guest Jan 3rd, 2017 57 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- Hi there,
- first of I wanted to thank you for the awesome show and Allan for the
- changes to zfsboot, that allows to boot from an encrypted disk without
- using grub.
- Now to my question:
- My server is running FreeBSD 10.3 / TrueOS with enrypted disk using geli
- and grub as bootloader. This works fine, and I'm able to enter the geli
- password using the serial console.
- My new test setup, uses FreeBSD 11.0 and also encrypted disk using geli,
- but with zfsboot instead of grub. This also works fine on VGA, but as
- /boot.config is on the encrypted disk, it's not read before the system
- prompts for the geli password.
- Do you have any idea how I tell zfsboot to use the serial console, or
- better yet dual console.
- Thanks and keep up the great work,
RAW Paste Data