Jul 23rd, 2019
- game "My First Episodic Mod"
- title "HALF-LIFE'"
- title2 ""
- supportsvr 1
- type singleplayer_only
- SteamAppId 243730 // This sets the app ID in Steam
- // The code that loads this file automatically does a few things here:
- // 1. For each "Game" search path, it adds a "GameBin" path, in <dir>\bin
- // 2. For each "Game" search path, it adds another "Game" path in front of it with _<langage> at the end.
- // For example: c:\hl2\cstrike on a french machine would get a c:\hl2\cstrike_french path added to it.
- // 3. For the first "Game" search path, it adds a search path called "MOD".
- // 4. For the first "Game" search path, it adds a search path called "DEFAULT_WRITE_PATH".
- // Search paths are relative to the base directory, which is where hl2.exe is found.
- // |gameinfo_path| points at the directory where gameinfo.txt is.
- // We always want to mount that directory relative to gameinfo.txt, so
- // people can mount stuff in c:\mymod, and the main game resources are in
- // someplace like c:\program files\valve\steam\steamapps\half-life 2.
- // First, mount all user customizations. This will search for VPKs and subfolders
- // and mount them in alphabetical order. The easiest way to distribute a mod is to
- // pack up the custom content into a VPK. To "install" a mod, just drop it in this
- // folder.
- // Note that this folder is scanned only when the game is booted.
- game+mod |gameinfo_path|custom/*
- // Now search loose files. We'll set the directory containing the gameinfo.txt file
- // as the first "mod" search path (after any user customizations). This is also the one
- // that's used when writing to the "mod" path.
- mod+mod_write+default_write_path |gameinfo_path|.
- game+game_write |gameinfo_path|.
- gamebin |gameinfo_path|bin
- // We search VPK files before ordinary folders, because most files will be found in
- // VPK and we can avoid making thousands of file system calls to attempt to open files
- // in folders where they don't exist. (Searching a VPK is much faster than making an operating
- // system call.)
- game_lv hl2/hl2_lv.vpk
- game+mod |all_source_engine_paths|ep2/ep2_english.vpk // EP2 that comes with SDK 2013 SP
- game+mod |all_source_engine_paths|ep2/ep2_pak.vpk
- game |all_source_engine_paths|episodic/ep1_english.vpk // EP1 that comes with SDK 2013 SP
- game |all_source_engine_paths|episodic/ep1_pak.vpk
- game |all_source_engine_paths|hl2/hl2_english.vpk // Base HL2 that comes with SDK 2103 SP
- game |all_source_engine_paths|hl2/hl2_pak.vpk
- game |all_source_engine_paths|hl2/hl2_textures.vpk
- game |all_source_engine_paths|hl2/hl2_sound_vo_english.vpk
- game |all_source_engine_paths|hl2/hl2_sound_misc.vpk
- game |all_source_engine_paths|hl2/hl2_misc.vpk
- // If you wanted to mount other games here such as Portal or Counter-Strike Source this is where you would do it
- // Example:
- // game |all_source_engine_paths|cstrike/cstrike_pak.vpk
- platform |all_source_engine_paths|platform/platform_misc.vpk
- // Last, mount in shared HL2 loose files
- game |all_source_engine_paths|episodic
- game |all_source_engine_paths|hl2
- platform |all_source_engine_paths|platform
Please, Sign In to add comment