a guest Apr 18th, 2019 82 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- "A Prayer for Mercy
- To the heavens above, we raise our eyes, our hands, and our hearts.
- Do not turn your light away from us, not in our hour of need,
- Instead, send forth the brightness of Aetherius and illuminate the darkness of the night.
- You who bring order to the seasons,
- Ever-shining Guide to the weary traveler.
- Have mercy on us.
- Protect us from the invader who ravages, the famine that wastes, the fire that burns,
- And lead your faithful ones toward your promised glory.
- A Prayer for Those Who Have Pledged Their Souls to the Stars
- These Souls we offer, the light of frail bodies
- To the ever-burning light of the heavens.
- Guide these Souls through the long night
- And let them not stumble in their ascent
- Up the Golden Stair.
- Take these Souls, freely given,
- As an offering of holiness,
- And a pledge of faithfulness from your people.
- Do not forget us in our hour of need,
- But be for us Guardians,
- As long as faithfulness endures.
- Warrior's Prayer
- Greatest Guardian, Shining Warrior
- Gird your armies with strength,
- And let their spears fly true.
- For the strength of your arms is great,
- And the enemy trembles at the sight of your mighty shoulders.
- Do not let us succumb to fear,
- But only set your aegis before us and we shall stand unconquered.
- Thief's Prayer
- [The remaining pages have been torn out. In the back of the book, someone has scrawled the following:]
- Oh, bastard stars,
- Born in a brothel.
- Your mother was a lewd woman.
- Your father had a disease.
- Men worshiped you and lost the appetite for love.
- Women cried out to you and grew beards.
- You led your children into pits,
- And let them wander into snares.
- The Elves slaughtered them and took their women for concubines.
- The Mer mocked them and took their men for slaves.
- Their blood is on your hands,
- It runs in rivers from your lips.
- Oh silent stars, oh merciless stars,
- Behold your reckoning is at hand;
- At hand is the judgment for your transgressions.
- The Mother of the Water has risen in the desert
- And the Deathlands have brought forth flowers.
- Let the people turn away from false lights;
- Let them embrace true mercy.
- For I have slept a thousand nights and never dreamed,
- But by day I have heard the glorious singing
- Of Shada and her Daughters, hope to all the Nedes.
RAW Paste Data