- Extract of the latest VG Bild-Kunst (collective society picture - art) newsletter:
- "The Directorate-General internal market of the european commission is supposed
- to already have received more than 10.000 contributions regarding the topic copyright.
- Before that a questionnaire with almost 80 complex juristic questions to the topic
- was published. For instance there is asked, if a clarification for the territorical
- scope of the right of making available would have consequences for temporary
- legal protection - in english, of course.
- The pirates quickly had the idea to call on their clients to flood
- the commission with individual contributions. An online app was launched,
- which leads the user with less clicks through the questionnaire and compilates
- pre-filled answers respective to one's choices - of course, only answers
- against copyright.
- After this it ringed out of the commission, that especially the number of
- contributions counts. The deadline for contributing to the EU copyright consultation
- forehandedly was postponed 1 month - new deadline is the 5th of March.
- Hectically also the associations of creatives have started to provide
- authors with opportunities to fill out the questionnaire and send it to
- the commission.
- The collecting society picture - art didn't join that herd instinct.
- The whole thing is a farce: The questionnaire never was meant to be
- fore a broad audience; otherwise it should have been executed by a
- professional institute, and that with easily to understand questions
- in all EU languages and not only in english. If later the commission
- wants to consider the number of contributions, I consider this to
- be juristically attackable.
- You can look through our contributions as lawyers of our members in
- copyright matters in this news letter.
- Best regards,
- your Urban Daddy"
a guest Feb 26th, 2014 79 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
RAW Paste Data