a guest Oct 21st, 2019 63 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- What are the five main nutrients that are found in foods? Which of those nutrients did you
- test for in our food chemistry lab?
- 3. For each of the organic compounds that we tested for, explain what the organic compound
- provides the body with.
- What is a reagent?
- 5. What is the indicator reagent for each of the following organic compounds
- and what color change will tell you that the organic compound is present?
- 6. What is the purpose of each of the samples were used in the part one of the food chemistry
- lab? (glucose solution, starch solution, gelatin solution and olive oil)
- 7. What is the purpose of the distilled water that was used in part one of the food chemistry
- 8. When using benedict's solution for the glucose test, a variety of colors were possible for a
- positive result. Explain why you believe different colors could result.
- 9. If you were to test sucrose with benedicts solution you would get a negative result. Why
- does it not react with the Benedict's reagent?
- 10. When you did the protein test, different shades of lavender and purple were a positive
- result. Why would different foods react with the biuret in different shades?
- 11. Initially, you had to make 40 predictions about the presence of organic compounds in 10
- different foods. How many did you get correct and how many did you miss?
- For each food you tested, list the organic compounds it contained.
RAW Paste Data