- Rain Flush Again…:
- (18:05:23) TheDoc: I'm curious; what is the general consensus on having Rain Flush affect everyone? Factoring in the changes it will have post-update
- (18:06:42) TheDoc: I feel like if there's going to be a substantial nerf (and there will be), there's no need for it to hit your own team as well.
- (18:06:56) MegaBossMan: You just need to be pick immune teammates, that's all.
- (18:07:03) MegaBossMan: Personally, I disagree.
- (18:07:15) ThatGuyNamedMike: But, when Mega uses it in MM4, it doesn't hit HIM, does it?
- (18:07:29) TailsMK4: Rain Flush is still the one move I fear from the Water robots.
- (18:07:47) TailsMK4: And what keeps me from bringing my full stat team into Player Battles.
- (18:08:09) TheDoc: @Tails But think about it after the Update. It's getting serverly nerfed
- (18:08:19) TailsMK4: Yeah, but until then.
- (18:09:23) TailsMK4: I've gotten used to the revised version.
- (18:09:38) TailsMK4: And it hasn't really changed my strategy all that much.
- (18:09:50) MegaBossMan: Same here.
- (18:10:02) TailsMK4: Plus, Water reductions have made it not very risky to use.
- (18:10:16) TailsMK4: The field changes from x2.0 to x1.5 make a big difference, really.
- (18:11:01) TheDoc: You have to keep in mind how much of a change the Update's Rain Flush will undergo, though. If its base damage is, say, 20%, there's no need to have it hit your team too when it's barely damaging the enemy
- (18:11:21) ThatGuyNamedMike: It doesn't need to be a percentage.
- (18:11:40) ThatGuyNamedMike: Seriously, 1 or 2 would be fine where I'm concerned.
- (18:11:43) MegaBossMan: If you don't want it to OHKO, it has to be.
- (18:11:48) TailsMK4: TheDoc, pretty much everything changes when the update comes.
- (18:11:53) TailsMK4: I'm talking about NOW.
- (18:12:55) TheDoc: @Tails In that case, I agree with you. I was referring to after the Update, but to be fair that's a whole different ballgame
- A Need For Neutral Multipliers?
- (18:24:36) ThatGuyNamedMike: Not new elements. You'll see. First up, I've beaten this idea to death, but, the game needs one. Seriously, because Roll, Disco and Rhythm suck: a Neutral Multiplier. If nothing else, the Bonus fields need one, because they're a pain in my keister to grind with.
- (18:25:08) MegaBossMan: That kinda go against their point though....
- (18:25:10) ThatGuyNamedMike: That, and they have no attacks of their own, making them completely useless.
- (18:26:24) TailsMK4: Neutral multipliers just won't work, period. Neutral abilities don't need to get boosted when Starforce will start to negate elemental damage. You're going to try to make Neutral attacks the new meta once the update comes out.
- (18:27:39) TailsMK4: Damage basically is Neutral in a sense. Otherwise we don't have a reason to have a Damage modifier.
- (18:28:05) TailsMK4: Could you imagine a Neutral x1.5 Proto Strike?
- (18:29:49) ThatGuyNamedMike: I just said why. If nothing else, they should exist in Bonus Fields because the lady bots are a pain to grind with.
- (18:31:52) TailsMK4: When doing anything but defense, the busters are good enough.
- (18:32:14) TailsMK4: Defense, just use Roll Buster to reduce their defense to 1. Even the Buster Shot is deadly at that level.
- (18:33:04) MegaBossMan: This is how they work in battle, and that's probably how they're going to stay.
- (18:37:45) MegaBossMan: Most Neutral Moves....Don't damage anyway.
- (18:38:02) TailsMK4: Those abilities are influenced by Recovery and Damage, not Neutral.
- (18:38:10) TailsMK4: Neutral modifiers would have NO effect on them.
- (18:38:27) TailsMK4: So Neutral modifiers would benefit the Copy robots more than the support robots.
- (18:38:48) TailsMK4: And do they really need that much of a boost?
- (18:39:24) ThatGuyNamedMike: well, EVERYTHING benefits Everyone more than the lady bots--they have NO moves of their own to use.
- (18:39:51) TailsMK4: Making a new modifier doesn't really solve anything. You'd be better off figuring out how to make the Support robots heavy hitters
- Multipliers for Other Fields?
- 18:43:33) ThatGuyNamedMike: The other 4 pitches concern multipliers for Attack, Defense, Speed and the chance for Criticals--instead of them being decided by the attacks themselves [this is a bad idea as I've shown Adrian], why not allow a multiplier to?
- (18:44:32) TailsMK4: I'm more confused by how these can even be applied on the stages. I could see this being an option if we were making our own fields.
- (18:44:35) ThatGuyNamedMike: And no, Damage is not the same as Attack, because Damage doesn't modify attack stats.
- (18:45:39) ThatGuyNamedMike: Now, I'm not suggesting these be used for normal stages. These 4 should only be used on special ones, like the FD's and Bonus Fields.
- (18:45:58) TailsMK4: I'd like to hear how you would implement these in the game, and not just go by "oh, why not have one for these stats, too?" I'm more interested if you could find a practical use for them.
- (18:45:59) ThatGuyNamedMike: These'll help Bosses not suck.
- (18:46:10) MegaBossMan: I'm not too sure that this can be programmed, though....
- (18:46:36) TailsMK4: Heck, why not throw an Energy modifier while you're at it? lol
- (18:47:11) TailsMK4: I'd almost be for these if we were able to make our own fields. As is, though...I'm not sure.
- (18:49:18) TailsMK4: I personally would say that this idea might get some use out of it in the future, but I don't see it right now.
- (18:49:53) ThatGuyNamedMike: It could get some use NOW, if it *is* programmable: Enker, Punk, Ballade and the S's.
- They Shoot, They…Score?
- (18:51:58) ThatGuyNamedMike: You guys know those goofy Score Balls?
- (18:53:36) ThatGuyNamedMike: Now, some are supposed to up BP by a static amount, and others are supposed to up BP by a percentage. That is, when they make it in-game.
- (18:54:09) ThatGuyNamedMike: Blast all that; Why can't we just have them add to a BP Mult?
- (18:55:56) TailsMK4: Oh, there's one more multiplier we didn't talk about. WE multiplier. There, that's all the possible multipliers mentioned.
- (18:57:00) MegaBossMan: Don't you think that might make them BP-grinding targets?
- (18:57:07) ThatGuyNamedMike: Instead of the Balls adding static- and percentage-based amounts of BP, why not just have them add .1, .2, .3 and .5 to a BP multiplier that always starts at x1? This BP mult would then be added to the total amount of BP won IF YOU WIN THE FIGHT.
- (18:57:29) TailsMK4: You also get BP for losing fights. :/
- (18:58:06) TailsMK4: Besides, I'm not sure how that could be programmed to differentiate.
- (18:59:19) ThatGuyNamedMike: Also, they'll be BP-grinding targets once the Balls make it in-game, Bawss.
- (18:59:38) ThatGuyNamedMike: Especially Bonus Field's 1 and 2.
Sunday Night Chatroom 2015/05/24
MegaBossMan May 24th, 2015 240 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
RAW Paste Data