- Episode 16 starts in ALO, at the entrance to the floating dungeon, Þrymheimr, on the ceiling of Jötunheimr's core.
- The term, "floating dungeon", feels sort of like a contradiction, though, lol.
- The original《Cardinal System》was made to control the old SAO without relying on humans, so it has various surprising features.
- Those include Yui's prototype, the counselling feature, and this automatic quest generation feature.
- So the reason behind having Celtic mythology in Norse mythology was because Cardinal tossed them together!
- Or rather, the 4th and 5th images from Yui's explanation are… sort of strange, aren't they…
- By the way, it seems the MMORPG I played, World of Warcraft, has reached over ten thousand quests in total.
- Of course, they were manually made by the staff from Blizzard. My, how frightening.
- It would be pandemonium if the world map (with player homes) was utterly destroyed and unrecoverable… or anything… Backups are important…
- As for why Cardinal's going berserk and what the management is doing… it's written in the "Calibur Slight Slipup version" in
- Dengeki Bunko Magazine's July 2011 edition, but never recorded in the novels… I'll create the chance for everyone to read it! Or so I hope!
- Speaking about destruction, it's already been around six years since Morroc was destroyed in RO, but it looks like the update patch for the
- fight against Satan Morroc is finally getting implemented next month! I've been away the whole time, but maybe I should drop back in…
- They haven't fought as a full party since Extra Edition, huh! The gold and black minotaurs are the boss monsters for Þrymheimr's floor two.
- It seems floor one was a cyclops. This part has a little of Greek mythology leaking…
- Yui's way too convenient, telling them the attack patterns and timing… lol.
- Well, at least it's from observing the bosses' abilities mid-battle rather than knowing them from the very start.
- The wood-branch-like wand Asuna has equipped is a wood branch! But it's no normal wood branch; it's snapped off from a branch at
- the top of the World Tree Yggdrasil, making it a legendary-grade weapon, the《Crest of Yggdrasil》.
- The details are written in, "Rainbow Bridge", an extra short story in the Extra Edition package. I have to write the continuation someday…
- Must be horrible for Asuna, healing a whole party of muscle-heads, lol.
- Leafa can use healing magic too, but there's a rumor going around that she's bad with advanced area healing magic…
- Pina's《Bubble Breath》has 0 attack power with only a confusion effect, but that's really useful in a party… with a long cooldown to match.
- Been a while since the pikyun! sound effect from activating sword skills! And there are elements unlike SAO, so the effects are flashy now!
- The intensity of the action scenes are mesmerising… The one in charge of the storyboard this time is Koujina Hiroshi who directed
- "HUNTERxHUNTER", a TV anime that grandly ended the other day. And the animation supervisor's the character designer, Adachi Shingo!
- The sword skill Kirito first used is an eight-hit skill,《Howling Octave》, that's 40% physical and 60% fire elemental.
- There's a delay after using a sword skill… but there goes Kirito's delay cancelling…! The connected sword skill's the
- three-hit《Savage Fulcrum》, 50% physical and 50% ice elemental. The ice crystals scattering is way too cool!
- And the good-old《Horizontal Square》! Judging from the effect light, it's physical, fire, ice, and wind…?
- Klein's sword drawing skill effect's cool as well! Even the background's sliding off…! lol
- Continuing off his comrades' sword skills, Kirito goes with his old《Vorpal Strike》. The elements are physical 30%, fire 30%, darkness 40%!
- A pixel's left…! And here's Asuna stealing the spotlight, having changed into a rapier without anyone noticing.
- As expected for the five-hit, 20% physical, 80% holy skill,《Neutron》, the effects sure are shiny, lol.
- Farewell, black mino… Well, those tears are only to be expected…
- 《Skill Connect》is an outside system skill developed by Kirito, but of course, it's not exclusive to him; theoretically, everyone can do it
- with practice. Well, that's the problem, though; a chain of four's the max even for him after swinging two swords around so much in SAO…
- Asuna's adorable, getting déjà vu from Kirito and Klein's exchange, lol. I wonder if Kirito forgot or if he's just faking… lol.
- The third floor's boss… just what is that, lol? I'm really glad Silica gets the highlight this time!
- That's right, it's her performing as this young NPC lady! It's Minaguchi Yuuko! It's goes without saying that she has to be saved!
- Klein's glowing…! Just to note, the proverb he shouted out should be "Even a chance acquaintance is decreed by fate (袖擦り合うも他生の縁)", lol.
- [TLNote: He said "袖擦り合うも一蓮托生", mixing in another to form something like "even a chance acquaintance shares the same fate"]
- The usual MP bar display is relative with everyone having the same length and the absolute values shown in numbers,
- but ease of recognition is prioritized here with differences in bar lengths. Really now, everyone's low besides Asuna and Leafa, huh, lol.
- Freyja's spell incantation's… too amazing… she should just continue on and become a regular party member…
- That's right, it's him performing as the king of frost giants! It's Iizuka Shouzou! It's goes without saying that this will be scary.
- Heck, he's huge.
- Klein's glowing, pt. 2…! Just to note, the proverb he shouted out should be "To show no lack even without a proper meal (武士は食わねど高楊枝)".
- [TLNote: He said "武士は食わねど高笑い", forming something like "To laugh out loud even without a proper meal.]
- [TLNote: The original proverb is used as "keeping up an act even without the allowance to do so", in both positive and negative senses.]
- I know I wrote it myself, but King Þrymr's words are practically sexual harassment… lol. Only natural the girls are making those faces.
- Þrymr Punch! And the 16th episode ends! I look forward to seeing you again for next episode, the conclusion to the Caliber chapter!
kunori - Episode 16 Commentary (SAO II)
Tap Dec 21st, 2014 (edited) 716 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
RAW Paste Data
Pastebin PRO Summer Special!
Get 60% OFF on Pastebin PRO accounts!
Get 60% OFF on Pastebin PRO accounts!