KeybladeSpyMaster

Kingdom Hearts Wiki Roundtable - November 7, 2014

Nov 7th, 2014
310
Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
  1. [14:53] <FifteenthMember> Bonjour tous les monde
  2. [14:53] <FifteenthMember> The objective today is to go through the roundtable agenda.
  3. [14:53] <FifteenthMember> And discuss them.
  4. [14:53] <FifteenthMember> All ready?
  5. [14:54] * Chainoffire (4b8175b4@gateway/web/freenode/ip.75.129.117.180) has joined #KHWiki-noticeboard
  6. [14:56] <RikutheBloody> Yes.
  7. [14:56] <FifteenthMember> So
  8. [14:56] <FifteenthMember> All ready?
  9. [14:56] <RikutheBloody> Yes.
  10. [14:56] <FifteenthMember> KSM?
  11. [14:56] <FifteenthMember> CoF?
  12. [14:57] <RikutheBloody> I think they're looking at the agenda,
  13. [14:57] * RikutheBloody is now known as RtB|ToX2
  14. [14:58] <Chainoffire> yup
  15. [14:58] <FifteenthMember> OKAY
  16. [14:58] <FifteenthMember> First of
  17. [14:58] <FifteenthMember> *off
  18. [14:58] <FifteenthMember> The Let's Play
  19. [14:58] <Chainoffire> aye
  20. [14:58] <+Cheisa> interstellar was going real well for me UNTIL IT WENT ALL 2011 on me
  21. [14:59] <+Cheisa> ok, I'm done with my venting
  22. [14:59] <FifteenthMember> http://www.khwiki.com/User_talk:KeybladeSpyMaster#Kingdom_Hearts_Let.27s_Play_Project
  23. [14:59] <RtB|ToX2> I guess we can screw that. That "User" dosen't even show up.
  24. [14:59] <FifteenthMember> I think that a long-time pledged KHWiki member should be the one hosting the actual KHWiki Let's Play
  25. [14:59] <Chainoffire> did they get a remindeR?
  26. [15:00] <FifteenthMember> So someone who's actually been there for a while
  27. [15:00] <FifteenthMember> But I have no problems with sponsering/affiliating with his channel
  28. [15:00] <Chainoffire> because I didn't even remember about the RT in the first place.
  29. [15:00] <FifteenthMember> So we could offer that as an alternative
  30. [15:00] <FifteenthMember> CoF: No, but I guess we're the ones discussing
  31. [15:00] <FifteenthMember> We can relay the information to him after
  32. [15:00] <+Cheisa> https://www.youtube.com/user/GrandMasterArcturus found his channel
  33. [15:00] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Here, sorry
  34. [15:01] <Chainoffire> i see no problems with affiliation with this dude
  35. [15:01] <FifteenthMember> KSM: Thoughts?
  36. [15:02] <RtB|ToX2> He dosen't even edit. I think that's kinda.........
  37. [15:02] <FifteenthMember> He doesn't need to edit to be an affiliate
  38. [15:03] <RtB|ToX2> I guess,
  39. [15:03] <RtB|ToX2> *.
  40. [15:03] <KeybladeSpyMaste> I think it's fine to affiliate. I agree, the wiki's true LP should be by someone who's been here.
  41. [15:03] <KeybladeSpyMaste> But I don't see anyone who's willing to do it, either.
  42. [15:05] <FifteenthMember> Well
  43. [15:05] <KeybladeSpyMaste> That's why I considered letting them do the LP. Because we don't really have anyone doing it from our end.
  44. [15:05] <FifteenthMember> If there is no one from our Wiki able to do the LP, I'd prefer having no LP than having one done by someone who doesn't actually represent us
  45. [15:05] <Chainoffire> could we have him do a trial one for the wiki?
  46. [15:05] <Chainoffire> and see if we like it or not
  47. [15:06] <FifteenthMember> Mhmm, even if he hosts the LP
  48. [15:06] <FifteenthMember> We'll need KHWiki users to commentate too
  49. [15:06] <FifteenthMember> So we still need people from the KHWiki too
  50. [15:06] <Chainoffire> if it works in my schedule, I wouldn't mind doing it
  51. [15:06] <FifteenthMember> Anyone able to do that?
  52. [15:06] <FifteenthMember> Alright
  53. [15:07] <FifteenthMember> We could give it a shot then
  54. [15:08] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Ok. That's fine.
  55. [15:08] <Chainoffire> (I would like to do a LP myself, but I don't have a fast enough computer)
  56. [15:08] <KeybladeSpyMaste> If not, affiliation wouldn't necessarily hurt.
  57. [15:08] <KeybladeSpyMaste> If we don't do it, though, we should remove the LP ad from the Main Page.
  58. [15:09] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Because that's why he came, because he saw the "Coming Soon" thing.
  59. [15:09] <Chainoffire> aye
  60. [15:09] <+Cheisa> you need a good computer and a capture card to record for LP
  61. [15:09] <Chainoffire> two of which i don't have
  62. [15:09] <Chainoffire> i'll get faster speed after xmas though
  63. [15:09] <Chainoffire> ANYWAYS
  64. [15:10] <FifteenthMember> So
  65. [15:10] <FifteenthMember> We'll give it a sho
  66. [15:10] <FifteenthMember> *shot
  67. [15:10] <FifteenthMember> Maybe create a forum signing up possible commentators
  68. [15:10] <FifteenthMember> And then taking things from there
  69. [15:10] <FifteenthMember> Who wants to be in charge of managing that? :P
  70. [15:12] <+Cheisa> I might as well, seeing as I do all the video stuff
  71. [15:12] <FifteenthMember> Alright, that's great
  72. [15:13] <FifteenthMember> So all agreed?
  73. [15:13] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Yeah
  74. [15:14] <FifteenthMember> Okay
  75. [15:14] <FifteenthMember> Moving on then:
  76. [15:14] <FifteenthMember> (Is someone logging/writing the summary as we're going?)
  77. [15:14] <RtB|ToX2> Electing KSM.
  78. [15:14] <KeybladeSpyMaste> I've got a log.
  79. [15:14] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Somewhere....
  80. [15:15] <FifteenthMember> Alright
  81. [15:15] <Chainoffire> who wants to give the speech?
  82. [15:15] <FifteenthMember> So. I propose that we elect KSM to admin position
  83. [15:15] <FifteenthMember> This is for totally obvious reasons
  84. [15:15] <FifteenthMember> He's unmistakably one of the most active editors at the moment
  85. [15:16] <FifteenthMember> He resolves issues extremely quickly
  86. [15:16] <FifteenthMember> And most importantly, he'll actually make use of his powers quite frequently
  87. [15:16] <FifteenthMember> For vandalism, sitenotices, mediawiki etc.
  88. [15:16] <RtB|ToX2> Especially since he's creating new themes for the wiki.
  89. [15:16] <FifteenthMember> So
  90. [15:16] <Chainoffire> plus this'll take a lot of weight off of the other staffies shoulders
  91. [15:17] <FifteenthMember> I don't think there's anyone who ISN'T in agreement
  92. [15:17] <FifteenthMember> NZ agreed last week too
  93. [15:17] <FifteenthMember> KSM: Any words? :P
  94. [15:18] <FifteenthMember> Do you accept adminship in the first place?
  95. [15:18] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Sure, if you guys want. I'm not here trying to get that position, I'm just trying to help while I can, where I can.
  96. [15:19] <FifteenthMember> So. It's all agreed then?
  97. [15:19] <FifteenthMember> ALL HAIL THE NEW ADMIN
  98. [15:19] * FifteenthMember is shot
  99. [15:20] * Chainoffire HAIL
  100. [15:20] <FifteenthMember> Okay, so we can ask Neumannz to change the user rights since he's a bcrat
  101. [15:21] <FifteenthMember> Is that all sorted then?
  102. [15:21] <FifteenthMember> Do we continue?
  103. [15:22] <Chainoffire> indeed
  104. [15:23] <RtB|ToX2> I just wanted to see that through.
  105. [15:23] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Thanks, guys. You guys are unbelievable.
  106. [15:23] * Chainoffire glomps KSM
  107. [15:23] <Chainoffire> You've earned it bro!
  108. [15:23] <FifteenthMember> Congrats!
  109. [15:25] <KeybladeSpyMaste> So next is the Project:Music thing
  110. [15:26] <KeybladeSpyMaste> "Creating individual music pages for every song. The main list page would contain the song names and links to their individual pages, along with the games they appear in and sound files, but the individual pages would be a lot more technical and detailed."
  111. [15:27] <Chainoffire> i think there was an example page that CAF made
  112. [15:27] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Yeah, it was Enter the Void, I think
  113. [15:27] <KeybladeSpyMaste> http://www.khwiki.com/Enter_the_Void
  114. [15:28] <KeybladeSpyMaste> I also made a model/example
  115. [15:28] <KeybladeSpyMaste> http://www.khwiki.com/User:KeybladeSpyMaster/Gadget_Lab/Project_Page_5
  116. [15:30] <Coldasfire> Sorry, I'm back
  117. [15:30] * Coldasfire serves cake to KSM
  118. [15:30] <Coldasfire> Anyways, once a final article format is established, I can start mass producing these articles
  119. [15:31] <KeybladeSpyMaste> I think if we do the individual articles (and I think we should), we should delete the "List of Kingdom Hearts series tracks" article. It's somewhat redundant to the separate articles.
  120. [15:31] <FifteenthMember> Cool
  121. [15:31] <Coldasfire> If anything, move everything into a nice category, "Soudntrack" or something ilke that
  122. [15:32] * RtB|ToX2 (a2ccfb37@gateway/web/freenode/ip.162.204.251.55) Quit (Quit: Page closed)
  123. [15:33] <KeybladeSpyMaste> I really like the Composition section. That should definitely stay.
  124. [15:33] <Chainoffire> the "List" page could be moved to the keyhole
  125. [15:34] <KeybladeSpyMaste> ^I like that
  126. [15:35] <Chainoffire> although is it complete?
  127. [15:35] <KeybladeSpyMaste> No, but it kinda stopped when we decided to discuss it here at the RT.
  128. [15:37] <Chainoffire> okay. Well there's another project that needs to be done then. ^.^ But for now I must leave. toodaloo!
  129. [15:37] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Ok.
  130. [15:37] <Coldasfire> The list is nowhere near complete
  131. [15:37] <Coldasfire> Bye Chain
  132. [15:37] * Chainoffire (4b8175b4@gateway/web/freenode/ip.75.129.117.180) Quit (Quit: Chain Out!)
  133. [15:38] <Coldasfire> The main thing about the music articles is how much detail do you want me to go into
  134. [15:38] <Coldasfire> Cause I can go full on AP music theory nerd
  135. [15:38] <KeybladeSpyMaste> I stopped because I wasn't sure if the list would stay or not. I thought, it makes no sense to finish it if we decide at the RT to kill it.
  136. [15:38] <Coldasfire> Yeah, the list is ugly anyways
  137. [15:38] <Coldasfire> I tried making it pretty before I went on hiatus, but that was a one girl job and then I had to leave so it didn't go anywhere
  138. [15:39] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Let's start at the individual articles. I think the level of detail you showed with the "Enter the Void" article is fine.
  139. [15:39] <KeybladeSpyMaste> 'Cuz I'd like detail, but if it's too detailed, readers won't understand it.
  140. [15:41] <Coldasfire> Eggs-actly
  141. [15:41] <Coldasfire> And then article structure?
  142. [15:42] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Obviously the "Appearances" section. I don't know if we want that first or last.
  143. [15:43] <KeybladeSpyMaste> I don't know. What do you guys think of the sections I used? It was "Intro", "Appearances", "Composition", and "Albums"
  144. [15:43] <+Cheisa> k, I'm back from my venting
  145. [15:43] * Coldasfire serves Cheisa consolation cake
  146. [15:43] <+Cheisa> what are we talking about now?
  147. [15:43] <Coldasfire> Music nerdy stuff
  148. [15:44] <Coldasfire> KSM: That's a good format, the intro won't need a header though
  149. [15:44] <KeybladeSpyMaste> We're discussing the format/structure of the Music pages.
  150. [15:45] <KeybladeSpyMaste> No, Intro wouldn't be an actual header. Just thought to add it in the list.
  151. [15:45] <Coldasfire> Yea then it's good
  152. [15:45] <Coldasfire> How 'bout images?
  153. [15:45] <Coldasfire> How would we make these pages pretty
  154. [15:45] <Coldasfire> Also the template box you were working on
  155. [15:46] <+Cheisa> "blank" is a song that appears in "blank", "blank", and "blank". It is primarily used as [blank] for "blank"
  156. [15:47] <+Cheisa> follow by when it plays and what albums its been releases on?
  157. [15:47] <KeybladeSpyMaste> If we use the infobox I made, I think we should use the game logo. Unless the song is from one of the albums and not in the game. Like the Piano Collections.
  158. [15:47] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Then we'd use the album cover.
  159. [15:47] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Cuz all the songs are either in a game, or on an album.
  160. [15:47] <Coldasfire> Or both
  161. [15:48] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Well, but the album cover is for the songs that don't appear in-game.
  162. [15:48] <Coldasfire> We can use the game logo for the individual tabs for the different versions it appears in, album cover for those exclusively in an album
  163. [15:48] <Coldasfire> Yeah
  164. [15:48] <Coldasfire> Like Piano Collections :P
  165. [15:48] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Yep
  166. [15:48] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Cheisa, that's about what we've got.
  167. [15:49] <+Cheisa> used tabs and have one tab for worlds and another for album cover if there is one
  168. [15:51] <Coldasfire> tabs for each of the worlds, because frequently they're different versions
  169. [15:51] <Coldasfire> actually every time they're different versions i think
  170. [15:51] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Huh?
  171. [15:51] <Coldasfire> different tab for each appearance
  172. [15:51] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Oh, ok.
  173. [15:52] <KeybladeSpyMaste> I got lost with the worlds thing.
  174. [15:52] <Coldasfire> sorry meant appearance
  175. [15:52] * Coldasfire is now known as error404CAFnotFo
  176. [15:53] * error404CAFnotFo is now known as codeasfiyah
  177. [15:54] <codeasfiyah> So yeah, that's set?
  178. [15:54] <codeasfiyah> Shall I begin spam producing these articles?
  179. [15:54] <KeybladeSpyMaste> I think
  180. [15:54] <KeybladeSpyMaste> For categories, I think we should use the same categories I suggested.
  181. [15:55] <codeasfiyah> Aye
  182. [15:56] <KeybladeSpyMaste> One last thing.
  183. [15:57] <KeybladeSpyMaste> How do we deal with songs in cutscenes? Do we add links? Do we just put the cutscene titles in quotations marks and call it good?
  184. [15:57] <KeybladeSpyMaste> If we add links, we'd need to have somewhere where the links go.
  185. [15:57] <codeasfiyah> Generally songs in cutscenes are the same songs used in other places, they're rarely if ever unique.
  186. [15:57] <codeasfiyah> So in Appearences, we just add the cutscene name, maybe link to hte game/story subsection
  187. [15:58] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Ok
  188. [15:58] <KeybladeSpyMaste> I was wondering if we'd need to create pages for cutscenes, too.
  189. [15:58] <+Cheisa> someone should make a test page first and we'll see how it goes from there
  190. [15:59] <codeasfiyah> http://khwiki.com/Enter_The_Void
  191. [15:59] <codeasfiyah> I'll fix it with the mentioned changes?
  192. [15:59] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Yeah
  193. [15:59] <FifteenthMember> Back
  194. [16:00] <codeasfiyah> I'll do that tomorrow, busy the rest of today
  195. [16:00] <codeasfiyah> Just recap the changes in the RT summary
  196. [16:01] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Yeah I will
  197. [16:01] <FifteenthMember> Are we still on project: music?
  198. [16:01] <codeasfiyah> Just finishing it up
  199. [16:02] <FifteenthMember> Okay
  200. [16:04] <KeybladeSpyMaste> So we good to move on? I've discussed everything I wanted, I don't know if there's more.
  201. [16:06] <+Cheisa> yes
  202. [16:07] <FifteenthMember> Yeah
  203. [16:07] <KeybladeSpyMaste> So, staff member articles.
  204. [16:07] <KeybladeSpyMaste> "But I'd really like to ask that we discuss the addition of articles for important staff members that work on the Kingdom Hearts games, such as Tetsuya Nomura and Yoko Shimomura. While these were big no-no's in the past, I feel like we need to just loosen up and let these happen; after all, we apparently finally agreed to have individual articles for the soundtrack pieces... We could handle this in a matter similar to the Final Fantasy Wiki. Associated with this, we need to discuss the creation of potential categories, navigation templates, etc. for such pages, as well as the music ones."
  205. [16:08] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Followed by ENX and NinjaSheik's discussion.
  206. [16:09] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Basically, articles for staff members involved with the series. Tetsuya Nomura, Yoko Shimomura, along with articles for major voice actors.
  207. [16:09] <FifteenthMember> My opinion is that we should link to SEW
  208. [16:09] <codeasfiyah> Gotta go, see ya
  209. [16:09] <FifteenthMember> For all real-life, company/staff member stuff
  210. [16:09] <FifteenthMember> Bye CaF
  211. [16:09] * codeasfiyah (~chatzilla@seiwa/khwiki/Coldasfire) Quit (Quit: The stars are awake!)
  212. [16:10] <FifteenthMember> As for VAs, I don't think we need articles on them
  213. [16:10] <FifteenthMember> They're superficial
  214. [16:10] <FifteenthMember> And don't add much meaning to the Wiki's content
  215. [16:10] <KeybladeSpyMaste> That's true. Now that we're organizing the SEW, it is the perfect place to do that.
  216. [16:10] <FifteenthMember> Yeah
  217. [16:10] <FifteenthMember> For now, we should carry on linking to Wikipedia
  218. [16:10] <FifteenthMember> Then, once SEW is up and running, we can switch the links
  219. [16:11] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Ok, that works for me.
  220. [16:11] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Cheisa, what do you think?
  221. [16:12] <+Cheisa> once/if SEW is up, we can link to SEW
  222. [16:12] <+Cheisa> but still keep the wikipedia link as a second option
  223. [16:13] <FifteenthMember> Alright
  224. [16:13] <FifteenthMember> That can be our fallback plan, per se
  225. [16:13] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Cool
  226. [16:13] * FifteenthMember doesn't actually know how to use the phrase "per se"
  227. [16:14] * FifteenthMember is probably trying to sound cleverer than he actually is xD
  228. [16:14] <FifteenthMember> Anyway
  229. [16:14] <FifteenthMember> Moving on to VAs?
  230. [16:14] <KeybladeSpyMaste> I never attend the Roundtables since it's always inconvenient from me, too, but regarding voice actors, do you think it's possible for us to talk about what are we going to do with the voice actors for the characters in KH3D? Leave it blank forever? No real confirmation was been present, and we are often reverting edits made by other users when they "guessed" who voices who in the game.
  231. [16:14] <FifteenthMember> I think we should stick with the policy
  232. [16:14] <FifteenthMember> Stringent as they are, there is a reason to them
  233. [16:15] <FifteenthMember> Better not to put out no information at all than dubious information that is subject to inaccuracy
  234. [16:15] <KeybladeSpyMaste> I don't really care too much about this one. It's so miniscule. I don't think many people come to the wiki to check out who's the voice actor for any specific character.
  235. [16:16] <FifteenthMember> Yeah
  236. [16:16] <FifteenthMember> So all agreed?
  237. [16:16] <KeybladeSpyMaste> The only unconfirmed ones are Disney characters. Anyone looking for those will probably go elsewhere for that.
  238. [16:18] <FifteenthMember> Yeah
  239. [16:19] <+Cheisa> yes
  240. [16:20] <FifteenthMember> Okay moving on
  241. [16:21] <FifteenthMember> Riku Replica Monstro scene
  242. [16:21] <KeybladeSpyMaste> "Riku Replica Monstro Dream Drop Distance scene. Should that content really be added? It isn't confirmed that it is Riku Replica. "
  243. [16:21] <FifteenthMember> http://www.khwiki.com/Talk:Riku_Replica#Dream_Drop_Distance
  244. [16:21] <FifteenthMember> Theree was a discussion on it here
  245. [16:22] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Yeah. I thought that was it.
  246. [16:22] <FifteenthMember> I have no clue about KH3D's time travel plotlines
  247. [16:22] <FifteenthMember> So I have no idea
  248. [16:22] <KeybladeSpyMaste> I still stand by my claim from a year ago. I still think that that's not the Riku Replica, that's Riku himself in the past
  249. [16:23] <FifteenthMember> I dunno
  250. [16:24] <FifteenthMember> Maybe there should just be a sentence at the end like a disclaimer
  251. [16:24] <KeybladeSpyMaste> The claim for that being the Riku Replica, as I recall, was simply because the memento for Chain of Memories was unlocked during that scene.
  252. [16:24] <FifteenthMember> Oh
  253. [16:24] <FifteenthMember> That's silly
  254. [16:25] <FifteenthMember> I think it should be moved to Riku then
  255. [16:25] <KeybladeSpyMaste> But, Prankster's Paradise is the past of Monstro, not Castle Oblivion. There's no reason, I don't think, for that to be the Riku Replica.
  256. [16:25] <FifteenthMember> And simply mention "a figure resembling Riku"
  257. [16:25] <FifteenthMember> Or something of the like, since we don't know what incarnation of Riku we're dealing with
  258. [16:27] <KeybladeSpyMaste> That's ok
  259. [16:27] * Braviaggron (~braviaggr@vil69-6-82-239-198-82.fbx.proxad.net) has joined #KHWiki-noticeboard
  260. [16:28] <+Cheisa> did the ultimaina answer the question?
  261. [16:28] <KeybladeSpyMaste> I don't know.
  262. [16:28] <+Cheisa> *ultimania
  263. [16:29] <+Cheisa> if it doesnt, then we should just leave it as it until we get an answer
  264. [16:31] <FifteenthMember> Better to move the info to a more general page
  265. [16:31] <FifteenthMember> Rather than continue with a slightly speculative assumption that happened a year ago, which is possibly incorrect
  266. [16:35] <FifteenthMember> (I'm going to have to leave in two minutes)
  267. [16:35] <KeybladeSpyMaste> I agree with FM.
  268. [16:36] <FifteenthMember> Quickly: I think we should organise both competitions and run them consecutively (I can do that)
  269. [16:36] <FifteenthMember> I agree with the spanish affiliation
  270. [16:36] <FifteenthMember> Project KHX should get rolling
  271. [16:36] <FifteenthMember> We should start creating pages on items, key items, synthesis materials
  272. [16:36] <FifteenthMember> If I manage to speed through it, we should be able to start the competitions in December
  273. [16:37] <FifteenthMember> So I better crunch
  274. [16:37] <KeybladeSpyMaste> I have no objections to anything FM has said.
  275. [16:37] <FifteenthMember> Okay
  276. [16:37] <FifteenthMember> Bye guys
  277. [16:37] <FifteenthMember> Congrats on your adminship KSM!
  278. [16:37] * FifteenthMember (~Fifteenth@cpc7-camd15-2-0-cust531.20-2.cable.virginm.net) Quit (Quit: CRUNCH TIME!)
  279. [16:38] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Cheisa, any objections?
  280. [16:38] <+Cheisa> no, not really
  281. [16:40] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Ok, I guess we're done then.....
RAW Paste Data