- Paalag Gosht (spinach and lamb)
- Servers 2-4
- 600g of boneless lamb cut into cubes
- 450-500g of spinach (wash and cut I usually just hack with scissors until its all cut up a bit)
- 5 tablespoons of plain natural yoghurt
- 2-3” piece of ginger peeled and grated
- 7 cloves of garlic crushed or grated
- 5 tbsp of peanut, corn or veg oil
- 2 small onions finely sliced into half rings (trust)
- 2 tbsp of ground coriander
- 1 tsp of turmeric
- 2 tsp cayenne chilli pepper
- 1tsp of salt
- Put the ginger coriander and garlic in a bowl add the meat and mix well. Cover and leave for 30 minutes (or you could do this over night in a fridge)
- Get out a stew pan and add the oil, fry the onions until golden and crisp (start with very hot oil then turn down)
- Remove the onions and put on some paper towel to absorb the oil
- keep the rest of the oil in the pan turn the heat to medium and put in the marinated meat, salt, cayenne pepper and turmeric stir for a couple of minutes then cover and cook for 15 (stirring occasionally)
- Take the lid off add 1 table spoon of yoghurt, stir until its completed blended/absorbed repeat with the rest.
- Add the spinach it should reduce after a min or 2 of being in the pan put the onions back in a cook for 50mins-1 hour stirring occasionally, if it looks too dry add more water, stir and cover again.
Shins lamb and Spianch
a guest Sep 25th, 2012 31 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
RAW Paste Data