- I included local pricing so people that are interested can get an idea of the actual total cost of prototyping a small project in Shenzhen. It seems if you buy overseas it costs about 1.5 to 2x as much. The overseas links I cannot vouch for. Just found them online. If anyone finds better links please let me know so I can update this page.
- The tutorial for putting this all together is located here: http://imgur.com/a/NZfIb
- Bluetooth RGB LED Controller
- $12.07 (Shipping $1.61)
- 5050 RBG LED strip. 1 meter.
- $1.86 (Shipping $1.93)
- $19.48 (5 meters)
- 12V 2000mah lithium polymer battery
- $7.25 (Shipping $2.41)
- Sewing Needles
- $0.72 (Shipping $1.28)
- 0.2 Clear Plastic Thread
- $0.53 (Shipping $1.28)
- DC Power Jack 5.5*2.1MM
- $0.10 (Shipping $1.61)
- $3.63 + $1.59
- Slide Switch
- Black ABS 3D printer filament 1kg
- $11.12 Shipping ($2.41)
- You do not really need the switch and charging jack if you don’t want to solder. The battery can be plugged directly into the control board and unplugged when you are done (as shown in tutorial).
- If you think you are ready soldering is a pretty worthwhile skill. What I did was I bought 17 extra slide switches. Each has six contacts. I practiced soldering a short length of wire to each contact- so 100 solder joints. I think repetition is the best way to learn so try to use it whenever possible. Now my soldering is pretty decent.
- If this gets you interested in hardware the only thing I had done before this project was Seeedstudio’s Arduino Starter Kit: http://www.seeedstudio.com/depot/ARDX-The-starter-kit-for-Arduino-p-1153.html. I suggest putting it in front of the TV and working your way very slowly through it. I found that if I really focused too hard I would get frustrated if something did not work. If you make it more casual- like a puzzle on a coffee table it’s much easier. You should try to do the projects in order but if it does not work it’s okay to skip and come back. If someone who knows electronics tries to help you they will find it too easy, go too fast and you will feel like you are slow and get frustrated. I think it’s best to do this first one at least alone to build confidence (and avoid embarrassment if you are like me and need to give it a few tries).
SexyCyborg's Hikaru Skirt Parts List:
SexyCyborg Jul 9th, 2015 (edited) 7,648 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
RAW Paste Data