#MillionMaskMarch London Press Release
a guest Nov 1st, 2016 2,821 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- Million Mask March
- Press Release - For immediate distribution
- Another November 5th, another mass mobilisation to the streets by the Anonymous collective.
- Since one cold night in 2011, Anonymous UK has gathered together in Trafalgar Square, as a centerpiece of a worldwide Anonymous operation of global strength and solidarity, a warning to all governments worldwide that if they keep trying to censor, cut, imprison, or silence the free world or the free internet then we will not stand idly by.
- Anonymous has no leaders, it has no central committee or public relations department, it is a hive-mind of normal people, just like you, who have decided that action is the only answer now.
- In 2012 as Anonymous UK prepared to mobilise for November 5th a press release went out, every line filled with venom against the then Home Secretary Theresa May. In the four years that has passed Mrs May has risen to unelected power, fueled by right-wing rhetoric and striving to push the UK to even new lows. Anonymous UK has never shied from directly standing in opposition to Mrs May; in 2012 we launched a devastating cyber attack that crippled the Home Office's website in response to her inaction about the threatened extradition of Gary McKinnon, a threat faced today by Lauri Love.
- In 2016 we're going to come knocking on Mrs May's door.
- Austerity measures, once seen as a horrendous option, have now become the political norm. The media gaze has shifted to making scapegoats out of migrants, but we have not forgotten the real cause of the hardship faced by hundreds of thousands of normal people. Cut the causes of the problems, don't cause more, its time to take an axe to the Tory tree.
- The last few November 5ths have fallen in the week, this year it falls on a Saturday. As we pour through the streets of London we aim to show the tourists and gentrifiers that London is not a city in subdued slumber, but a city full of people angry at their rulers, and passionate about change.
- We look beyond the narrow scope of Brexit to the inherent problems of the system, capitalism is not working, capitalism has not worked, capitalism will not work. Its time to stop being complacent cogs, grinding towards the bosses' next bonus package, and instead start working towards radical new solutions. We welcome all and anyone who agrees, you need not wear a Guy Fawkes mask to take to the streets on November 5th. We respect diversity of tactics and welcome anyone who takes the path of direct action.
- Last year the biggest gang in London, the Met Police, attended our demonstration in force. Despite reinforcements from across the country they put on a pitiful display of aggression and violence. We call on the Metropolitan Police to restrain from violence and their usual mob mentality. To those attending November 5th with little experience of the Met we have simple advise, the police are not your friends, they do not regard you as such, do not regard them as such either.
- In a society that has abolished all adventure, the only adventure left is to abolish that society.
- You can't arrest us all.
- #MillionMaskMarch #MMM #MMM2016 #OpVendetta
RAW Paste Data