ChrisLAS Jul 12th, 2018 80 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- Hey Chris and Wes!
- I have a career oriented question for you, but it's not the typical question.
- I've moved up in my career from typical help desk and support roles, to sysadmin, to more of a developer support/devops role. I know my way around AWS, Tomcat, Apache, Nginx, Java, Python, and a few other tools and languages. However, when trying to dive into the system side of things, I get a bit lost and don't know where to begin. Some examples include OpenStack, compiling my own Kernel (and using it!), Terraform, and LXC.
- What resources would you recommend for diving deep and learning this material? I know Linux Academy has a ton of courses on OpenStack, which I plan on checking out, but the OpenStack documentation seems... Scattered? I don't know how to word it. It seems very detailed, if not overly verbose? Also, another side note, I know that Docker has a great platform for hosting and running Linux containers, but as with AWS to OpenStack, I want to really understand infrastructure as well as containers with LXC.
- The answer may be "Just sit down and read it! If you don't understand it, re read it!" If so, I accept that ;P I figured I'd reach out to the best in the biz before I get lost in the .txt of documentation.
- Sorry for the long letter, thank you so much for your time. I understand if you can't answer this on the show, so I gave an e-mail that you can spam resources my way if you guys find the time.
- I'm sure you hear this a lot, but your network has done so much to boost my enthusiasm and spring my career to new heights. I am forever in your debt.
RAW Paste Data