[L5R 4e] Skill Houserules
Lord_Specineff13 Feb 9th, 2017 (edited) 39 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- Note: Made a few game-changing additions to my weapon mastery ability houserules. Needs playtesting! Credit goes to Five Rings Online's houserules for the inspiration.
- Chain Weapons
- - Kyoketsu-shogi have the Ninja keyword.
- - Rank 3: Off-hand and dual-wielding penalties do not apply when using a knife.
- - Rank 5: Use of any knife confers a Free Raise towards use of the Feint or Extra Attack maneuvers.
- - Rank 7: The damage of all knives is increased by +0k1.
- - The tanto/aiguchi can be thrown up to 20 feet as a ranged weapon, and are considered to have the Samurai keyword for purposes of Techniques.
- - The jitte/sai grants a +1k0 bonus on the Contested Strength roll to disarm an opponent.
- - Rank 3: Characters may add their Strength to damage rolls of all ninjutsu weapons.
- - Rank 5: Dice on damage rolls made for ninjutsu weapons explode normally.
- - Rank 7: The damage of all ninjutsu weapons is increased by +0k1 (+1k1 total).
- - Rank 3: The total of all damage rolls made with a polearm is increased by 1k0.
- - Rank 5: When using a polearm, the wielder's Armor TN is increased by +3.
- - Rank 7: Polearms may be readied as a Free Action.
- - The naginata gains the katana's ability to increase damage by +1k1 by spending a Void Point.
- - Rank 3: Opponents with a Reduction rating have their rating reduced by 2 when attacked with a spear.
- - Rank 5: Ranged attacks made with a spear increase their maximum possible range by 5'.
- - Rank 7: Spears may be readied as a Free Action.
- - Increase the yari's base damage to 3k2 (2k2 when thrown), and the nage-yari's base damage to 2k2.
- - The yari is considered to have the Samurai keyword for purposes of Techniques.
- - Rank 3: Opponents' armor bonuses are no longer doubled against staff attacks, and staves may be readied as a Free Action rather than a Simple Action.
- - Rank 5: Use of a staff confers one Free Raise towards use of the Knockdown maneuver.
- - Rank 7: The damage of all staves is increased by +0k1.
- War Fans
- - Rank 3: Off-hand and dual-wielding penalties do not apply when using a war fan.
- - Rank 5: When using a war fan, the wielder's Armor TN is increased by +3.
- - Rank 7: Use of a war fan confers +2 damage when using the Feint maneuver.
- Other skill houserules:
- - Replace the Rank 3 mastery ability with the following: Readying a katana or wakizashi is a Free Action rather than a Simple Action.
- - Default trait is Willpower, not Awareness.
- Sleight of Hand
- - Replace the Rank 5 mastery ability with the following: The character gains a bonus of +5 to the total of any Contested Roll made using Sleight of Hand.
- - It is always possible to use this skill to hide Small-sized weapons on your person.
RAW Paste Data