MochaKimono Aug 18th, 2019 80 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- Van allows Kani to take her arm for guidance.
- Once away from the castle...
- "Hey, so, sorry about... all of that. Great first day at work, huh?" Van says.
- Kani now looks sleep deprived on top of frightened. "It's, um, none of my business... I-I didn't hear..."
- "Nah look. I'm also sorry about waking you up. Coulda done it myself but you probably don't wanna be in there right now anyway."
- "It's - It's no trouble, Lady Van."
- Van snorts. "I'm not a lady. Not a noble. Call me Van." pause. "Hey so, I won't snitch 'cuz I hate that guy too. What did you hear?"
- Kani goes very quiet. Head down.
- "Look. I'm not gonna hurt ya. I promise. I don't do that. Hurt innocent people. I won't tell on ya either, give 'em any excuses. Just curious about whatever dirt you heard on that fucker."
- "I... I don't..." Kani's voice is small. "Please, I don't want to get in the middle..."
- Van sighs. "Okay. Okay, fair. Hey, though. Tell me if Laurent tries anything. Okay? And tell Lucien too. Tell anybody. Fuck, why are you working here?"
- "He offered - Lord Lucien - he said he needed a maid, and..." Kani trails off.
- "Mhm." pause. "Do you know, uh... Well, do you *know*?"
- Kani looks strained again. After a few seconds, she nods wordlessly.
- "Okay. What do you think about it? I won't get offended."
- "I... Um... I - I won't tell. I won't tell anyone."
- Another sigh. "I meant... Okay. Thanks."
- "I'm sorry."
- "I - because - I've displeased..."
- "Look, people are afraid of... things, for a good reason. Like. I won't even blame you. I can speak for myself when I say I don't hurt innocent people. But anybody can say anything and you don't have to believe 'em. Most... most vampires aren't good. I get it."
- "Will they... Are you - going to -"
- "No turning. Feeding only if allowed. I'm not even gonna ask. You'll say yes even if you don't wanna."
- Kani says nothing. That's probably an accurate read, though.
- Van breaks the silence eventually. "So... got any hobbies? Let's talk about something else before you die of a heart attack."
RAW Paste Data