a guest Feb 22nd, 2019 53 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- Systems Biology Expert
- Join an exciting interdisciplinary team working on cutting edge therapeutic development from initial concept to full delivery.
- In this role, you will develop tools and pipelines to help the team drive the understanding of the mechanisms underlining the therapeutic peptides discovered at Nuritas.
- This is an exciting role that sits at the intersection between the computer science and the in-vitro and in-vivo experimental functions of Nuritas.
- Help us untangle the complex nature of the human body by understanding the effects of the Nuritas peptides on the different human cell lines to build a better map of a healthy cell. The output of your work will help focus the teams on the best therapeutic peptides to take forward in development and commercialisation.
- Main Responsibilities of the Role:
- · Integrate pathway analysis tools and machine learning techniques into existing data analysis workflows
- · Develop bioinformatics software tools, Interpreting and integrating large scale biological data
- · Build rigorous statistical models for ingredient discovery and validation workflow
- · Optimise and automate data extraction and integration
- · Propose an implement quality control and data quality monitoring procedures
- · Update job knowledge and remain current with advances in biology, computer science and bioinformatics
- Qualifications & Experience:
- · M.S. required (PhD preferred) in mathematics or computer science. Experience with biological data including any omics (extra degree in a biological field is appreciated).
- · 6+ years’ experience in biological software and algorithm development. Experience in artificial intelligence (including machine learning algorithms) or Equivalent combination of education, training, and experience that provides the individual with the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- · Candidates who were part of inventing/coding recognised publicly available bioinformatics or chemistry software are highly desired
- Required Technical Skills:
- · Algorithmic and Machine Learning techniques (examples include artificial neural networks, boosting, random forests, clustering…)
- · Programming: OOP and scripting in many languages (python is a big plus)
- · Statistics and R programming
- · An understanding of standard bioinformatics tools (protein databases, alignments…)
- · Experienced in the analysis of complex biological systems such as molecular networks and signaling pathways
- · Experienced in the analysis of large-scale changes in cellular processes in response to external stimuli and alterations.
- · Experienced with big biological data mining
- · Familiar with standardized representations of biological data (BioPAX, SBGN)
- · Familiar with software tools to visualize and analyze biological networks
- Desired Competencies:
- · Proactive, accountable and driven
- · Ability to work on big projects as part of a team
- · Good organisation and optimisation of working environment
- · Ability to manage multiple projects and overlapping deadlines
- · Natural ability to problem-solve
- · Good communication skills, both written and verbal are required
- · Ability to communicate with experimental biologists, computer scientists and non-scientists
RAW Paste Data