a guest Dec 15th, 2018 64 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- Friendship: Sassynids, Egypt, ERE
- Defensive Pact: Ghassanids
- War: Himayarites
- Regional: Option 1: To war! For Lord Cossack, for Lord Jesus!
- National: Option 3: Conquest!
- CITY CONTROL:
- /u/Canadahuntsyou: Aksum, Adulis, Meroe, Negasitati Metu, Elesbaam
- No action.
- SOCIAL POLICIES
- No action.
- 7 AP
- 4 AP towards plot 1
- 2 AP towards plot 2
- 1 AP to Egypt
- 500 Gold
- -400 to Plot 1
- -100 on Plot 2
- 0 Gold remaining
- Plot 1: That really wasn't cool guys.
- The Himyarite Kingdom of Southern Arabia was, until recently, a nominal trading partner with the Aksumites. They were Jews, the lot of them, but even the Jews held *some* truth within their scriptures- Even Jesus himself was a Jew. Thus, though the Jewish population within Aksumite lands was held to some degree of contempt, the Christians and Jews enjoyed a cordial relationship. Everything changed when the Himyarite nation attacked. They came after Christians in the middle of the night, daggers in the dark. Entire families and villages were killed, citing disrespect by the Christians of Aksum as their sole reason. Worse still, the King of the Himyarites himself condoned the murders, and took part in them.
- Outrage bubbled throughout Arabia. Such a terrible act must be avenged! Some killed Jews in Aksum in retaliation before the King Alletian could stop it, but before anyone knew, the divide between the 2 Kingdoms was far too large to mend. The stage was set for the great war of their time, the showdown between the emergent power of Aksum, and the powerful Jewish Kings of Himyarite. Peasants and Generals, beggars and great Lords alike clamored for war, and war was what Alletian would give them. He called for every man able to wield a spear or a bow to take up arms for Aksum. He called for a holy war in the name of God to attack the Himyarites. Upon a thousand ships they sailed for Elesbaam and Negasitati Metu, to meet the evil jews in battle.
- War had finally arrived to their lands at last.
- Invested: 4 AP, 400 Gold, /u/Canadahuntsyou, 1 pop from Negasitati Metu
- Result: As many soldiers as possible are recruited, and are sent to area around Elesbaam and Negasitati Metu. Similarly, all soldiers in Aksumite homeland are sent to area around Elesbaam and Negasitati Metu.
- Plot 2: Aksumite Dawning
- Amadi Yagosan was doing his part.
- Something had changed in the air of Aksum. Dreams of great victories, and of a lasting nation began to grow upon them. Drums, drums echoed in the mountains, and in the valleys deep. They seemed to be reaching a feverish pitch, and in turn, the nation of Aksum beat with them. They danced and danced their dances of war, of prosperity, of Empire. Yes, Empire. The power of Rome was only growing stronger now, with the Persians finally defeated. The Excharchate of Egypt was growing in strength, and power. The Ghassanids of the northern peninsula had dispatched with the Lakhmids, and were themselves poised to conquer Persian lands, even their capital.
- But Aksum was removed from these. Aksum had grown by itself. From it’s humble origins, the Aksumite people had raised mighty lands brick by brick, stone by stone, weathering even the hardest and harshest of storms. Blessed by God himself, the Aksumites received Lord Cossack as a saviour of Aksum. Lord Cossack and Saint Elesbaam the Great charged into the thick unknown of the world, almost capturing Berenice, taking great swaths of Arabia, and conquering the world through strength of faith alone. Oriental Orthodoxy spread quickly, wildfire. Egypt fell into its rightful grasp, as did many of the Vandals. And it would keep spreading, for the Aksumites had time.
- As for the common man, the Aksumites prided themselves on their piety, and when it came time for the men of Aksum to go to war for God, Jesus, and Cossack, they did so without a second thought. Thousands of men from all different social classes, works of life, cities, all answered the call to arms. They all were armed, all ready. Beggar and Lord alike, all were equal under the eyes of the Lord. An Era of Aksum was dawning, as any man could see, and King Alletian watched the sun rise on a pious, beautiful and grateful Aksum, determined at all costs to have it prosper.
- Invested: 100 Gold, 2 AP.
- Result: 1st part of Plotting to make a major civ done.
RAW Paste Data