- BALKAN ROUTE UPDATE 1/12/2015 Tuesday 23:30
- GENERAL: More people have arrived today to Greek islands. EU-Turkey in Brussels signed a deal yesterday about influx of refugees. Turkey agreed to fight the smugglers on the shore. Ferry strike announced for Thursday 3/12 in Greece.
- - Archive of the updates: http://pastebin.com/u/michalberg
- - LESVOS and other islands: Many boats full of refugees arrived to Greek islands today. Volunteering and donation info: http://bit.ly/lesvolunteer
- - IDOMENI: Frontex officers expected to arrive on site soon. Barbed wire fence has been prolonged to cca 8 km. People that try to walk around the fence are caught by the Macedonian army are directly deported back to Greece. Only Syrians, Afghans and Iraqis allowed to enter Macedonia, around 3000 refugees from other countries are stuck at the border, several peaceful protests held today. Greek government is ready to take stranded refugees by bus to the camps in Athens. UNHCR has got accommmodation capacity in the tents for 2500 people but people from other countries stay outside of the camp - they try to sleep in the railway cars. Better organisation needed for clothes distribution as tensions are high. Needed: - strong tents, blankets, sleeping bags, men's shoes. If you want to volunteer, please contact email@example.com or Lea Wilmsen (FB - Lea Wlmsn) or +30 698 8569404, firstname.lastname@example.org. We recommend ONLY EXPERIENCED volunteers to come, situation volatile and dangerous at times. Volunteers can use hotels in polikastro (17km) or sleep in a tent.
- - GEVGELIJA: 2 200 ppl came today, situation calm. Local activists are constantly asking for donation of crutches and wheelchairs for the refugees who are disabled and/or injured. If you can help with donations, write to email@example.com
- - MIRATOVAC: Volunteers welcome. Miratovac expected to be bypassed by train in the next days, exact date not certain. Shoes and rain gear would be appreciated though it stopped raining today. Xhelal´s team has left the place today and is applying for the licence to work inside the Presevo camp since 10th December - Xhelal Hasani Tel. +381 633 74 034, firstname.lastname@example.org
- - PREŠEVO: Steady flow of refugees. Very cold weather, max temperatures few degrees above zero. No need for volunteers at this moment. Waiting time for registration max 1.5 hours, people can wait in tents and then in trains. Volunteers are still lacking money for purchasing food, SHOES needed. If you can donate, please contact United Volunteers of Preševo, Tel. +381 62 1499 561.
- - DIMITROVGRAD: Hundreds of refugees daily, very cold. WINTER SHOES/SOCKS/BLANKETS needed. Hot meals are provided, but local team still asks for socks, gloves, scarves, caps and blankets. VVOLUNTEERS NEEDED ASAP, please contact Tarek: +381 62 895 45 77
- - BEOGRAD: Refugees can go to the Asylum Center at Krnjača, where they have access to hot meals, showers and a place to rest. Asylum Protection Center - provides legal, psychosocial and psychological support to refugees. Only long-term volunteers required. Based in Belgrade as well as Sid and they also have two offices in Presevo. Contact: Rados Djurovic +381 63 704-7080, email@example.com. Clothing, hot tea, soup and toiletry distribution for folks stranded in Belgrade continues at Miksaliste - Refugee Aid Serbia's aid collection and distribution point at Mostarska 5 is almost out of food. Needed are: sardine tins, tuna tinsa, Paper cups for hot tea, biscuits, crackers and new socks. To help there, please use Volunteer sport http://www.volunteerspot.com/login/entry/4179297180119 or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- - ŠID/ADAŠEVCI: Czech volunteer team helps in Adaševci in two shifts (16-24h, 0-8h), we provide information, hand out water and some basic clothes. Situation is calm and steady. Shoes, socks, scarfs, hats, large plastic garbage bags and tapes welcomed. No volunteers needed, Czech team handles this internally.
- - SLAVONSKI BROD: Less than 1000 people entered Croatia today, Slavonski Brod is empty at the moment. What is needed here: shoes & socks (39-44), especially men's, incontinence pads, wheelchairs, baby carriages, baby carriers, caps, shawlf, gloves + some jackets. Volunteers willing to work by the end of December must register by Thursday 3rd December!! All incoming donations MUST be anounced and specified in advance. Contact Maja Znika: email@example.com or +385-99-5021-926 at least 48 hrs before you come.
- - DOBOVA: Around 750 people came today by noon, 200 in the camp at that time. Red Cross on site, Slovak medical team arrived today - Katarina Zollerova can be contacted via FB (https://www.facebook.com/katarina.zollerova). Shoes needed.
- - ŠENTILJ: 1800 people left Slovenia today, camp empty, situation calm. Šentilj is run by Civil protection and police, with Red Cross on site.
- - SPIELFELD: From now on, military crew will be preparing warm meals for the refugees, but only from 6PM to 10PM every day. No volunteers needed.
- OTHER NEWS
- - Please note, that almost all volunteers spots requires a REGISTRATION OF VOLUNTEERS (usually 48 hours in advance) now and so we strongly suggest to contact local coordinator or contact person in advance to comply with these requirements and to avoid being turned away on the site.
- - SUPPLIES IN SZEGED: Warehouse of MigSzol Szeged is still full of food, non-food and hygiene goods. You can pick up anything when travelling to Serbia/Macedonia and elswehere. Contact coordinators Szalai Balázs +36 20 229 6669 or Szőke - Tóth Ágnes +36 304 27 34 60.
- - Large amounts of supplies could be picked up also in Zagreb, please call Lejla +385 91 456 77 05 if you are able to bring any supplies from Zagreb to any of the borders.
- - and don't forget to act: http://www.europeact.eu
BALKAN ROUTE UPDATE 1/12/2015 Tuesday 23:30
michalberg Dec 1st, 2015 923 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
RAW Paste Data