- We are writing to follow up on our previous email to you concerning your registration of the domain name ebayquotes.com, which contains the famous eBay trademark.
- We had previously explained to you in full detail the nature of eBay's business activities and the strong protection that the eBay name and trademark receive in connection with online trading and related services. The coined term eBay is one of the most famous trademarks on the Internet and in the world and our company owns the exclusive trademark rights to the eBay name in the United States and internationally, including related common law rights.
- We remain highly concerned and disappointed by the fact that despite our good faith effort to advise you of our rights and seek to amicably resolve this situation, you have simply ignored our effort and continued your problematic activities relating to the ebayquotes.com domain name. Any inappropriate or unapproved use of ebayquotes.com would violate the Lanham Act (15 U.S.C. 1051 et seq.) because it infringes and dilutes the famous eBay trademark. Should you choose to operate an infringing site with full knowledge of our rights, you would be considered a willful infringer and, as such, could be liable for greater damages.
- eBay takes the infringement of its brands very seriously and takes aggressive steps to protect its brands and, more importantly, consumers that will be damaged as a result of the confusion caused by infringement of our brands. We previously explained that we have filed several successful federal court actions in the United States against companies and individuals employing the famous eBay trademark in their domain names, as well as over a dozen proceedings before the United Nation's World Intellectual Property Organization's arbitration panel. eBay has prevailed in each case and the domain names at issue were all ordered to be transferred to eBay.
- While we would still prefer to resolve this matter amicably, if you continue to ignore our attempts to resolve this matter promptly, we will have no choice but to take whatever action we deem necessary to protect our rights. For these reasons, and to avoid consumer confusion, eBay must insist that you do not use ebayquotes.com for any reason. You should not sell, offer to sell, or transfer the domain name to a third party and should let the domain registration expire.
- Please confirm in writing that you will agree to take the necessary steps to resolve this matter amicably. If we do not receive confirmation from you that you will comply with our request, we will have no choice but to pursue all available remedies against you.
- eBay Legal Department
RAW Paste Data Copied