- Volume 12 cover. For the first time since OT Volume 11, it’s Index and Kamijou (plus two animals…animals?)
- The timeline of the actual novel says it was night when they went shopping in the Dianoid, but…I completely forgot.
- The image sketch for fake Aihana Etsu, aka Kanou Shinka-kun. The outline of the character was a little vague, so I worked at it for a while.
- It was pointed out early on that I was going the “trap” route on this one, but you can tell I hadn’t fully shaken that off here.
- As usual, I was told I could make him more of a “moe” character if I wanted, so I continued onto the next one.
- Kanou-kun part 2. I switched over to making him a “moe” character…or rather, a mascot character. It’s mentioned in the image too, but the hooded jacket is based on a 1998 anime called Serial Experiments Lain.
- The main character wore a bear-suit type of outfit in her room. (Continued)
- Kanou-kun part 3. (Continued)Wearing a hood means hiding or covering the head, so I think it’s perfect for his position of borrowing someone else’s reputation and obscuring his own identity.
- Which means it’s only natural for him to remove the hood during his “birth” at the end.
- Magic God Niang-Niang. There isn’t much difference between Versions 1 and 2 which I guess shows I got her character down pretty easily.
- I had detailed descriptions of the three Magic Gods from the beginning, so as long as I didn’t stray too far from that, there was nowhere to really mess up.
- That said, this is based on my generation’s jiangshi: Lei-Lei from Vampire.
- Magic God Nephthys. She has no real motif to her, so she’s pretty much just what I was told.
- I think the only thing I added was the changing eye color.
- In Version 2, which was the one used, her outfit was made less revealing and the green designs were added below the eyes. So does that mean her “true eyes” are…?
- Magic God High Priest. The very first thing he made me think of was Saint Hakushin from Inuyasha. Version 1 is pretty much exactly that.
- I was told I could make him flashier and to remove the headdress since bald characters are so rare, so I made Version 2.
- Version 2’s motif is…well, I guess that goes without saying.
- Magic Gods addition. Niang-Niang and the High Priest have unique elements on the back, so I went ahead and drew them.
- Nephthys has nothing unique on the back, so I reluctantly left her out.
- By the way, Niang-Niang isn’t wearing any underwear. (←This is very important!)
- Saint Germain part 1. This is my suggestion for the gentleman type (α) and lady type (β) that are mostly what appears in the novel.
- Even as I drew them, I thought they were too plain and they were, so I went on to the second one.
- Saint Germain part 2. I made them look like they had put together a magician costume in the party section of Don Quijote, so they’ve really started to look like scam artists. I changed the Chambord to have a treble clef motif.
- There are several other character variations for Saint Germain, but they all have a common theme in their outfits and the Chambord is kept small enough to hold in one hand.
- Volume 12 cover rough. I like to reserve an Index & Kamijou cover for a volume that’s important to the story or for the final volume, but sometimes you have trouble and can’t come up with any other good ideas.
- Maybe I should have gone with a feint cover of Kanou-kun and Kamijou-san so people would think “Oh, a new heroine… It’s a trap!?”
Haimura Comments - NT12
js06 Mar 11th, 2015 (edited) 1,017 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
RAW Paste Data