WangKerr Jul 4th, 2017 (edited) 2,210 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- /scaly/'s Frequently Asked Questions
- Common questions asked by newfags already answered, so nobody else has to waste time doing so in the future. Redirect all similar questions to here.
- 1.5 - 15/09/18
- -Revision to keep it less wordy.
- Q. What defines something as 'scaly'? Is X thing scaly?
- A. Look at what you're posting and ask yourself: does the subject look reptilian?
- The reason why we hold this as a rule of thumb can be found at the end of this pastebin.
- Q. Are sharks even scaly?
- A. They're something of a legacy holdover. But since sharks aren't often posted enough nobody really cares.
- Q. What about frogs and toads?
- A. Those are amphibians.
- Q. Source?
- A. Another pastebin already teaches you how to fish. Look at that one.
- Q. Why aren't monstergirls accepted?
- A. Nobody goes to /scaly/ for monstergirls. You can post them without consequence nearly anywhere else on 4chan though.
- Q. What kinds of fetishes are accepted on /scaly/?
- A. If it's a 'light' fetish then nobody is really going to mind. More 'taboo' fetishes not so much and they usually have their own other threads anyway.
- Q. Is /scaly/ affiliated with or responsible for gay dragon threads/posting on /v/?
- A. There may or may not be some overlapping participants, but overall no.
- Q. Why is there no Discord server?
- A. It won't do anything for the general.
- Q. I want to start collecting scaly porn. Where do I find some good sources of it?
- A. Another pastebin in the OP has information that'll teach you how to fish.
- Q. Why isn't more of X posted?
- A. Post or ask about what you want to see more of first, so that others can help you. Don't be that guy who complains about content and doesn't post any.
- Q. Anything else I should know?
- A. We only ask that you don't be too selfish about your own fetishes, provided they have a place in /scaly/.
- Q. Are scalies considered furries?
- A. The key difference is that you can be cheeky about it with "that's scaly, not furry" and watch people take it too seriously. But common sense indeed does put them into the same umbrella.
- Q. I'm writing a scaly-relevant story, how should I post it?
- A. If it's fairly lengthy, using Pastebin is recommended. One just spanning a few posts in the thread though won't hurt.
- Another person maintains the smutfic index (under the Pastebin account 'Scaly_Trash') that's also in the OP updates that on his own accord.
- Q. What was that about defining things as scaly earlier and why?
- A. If you ever bump into the dilemma, "Does it look reptilian?" is perhaps the best question to ask yourself about whatever it is you're posting without splitting too many hairs; Birds and fish can have scales on them, there are kitchen scales, and different media could consider anything to be a dragon, so we can't really use those as criteria. Even furred and feathered dragons get posted from time to time.
- When more oddly-shaped fauna is involved, like those from franchises such as Pokemon and Monster Hunter, things could get a little trickier but still keep the above point in mind! For the former, things like Charizard, Serperior, and Salazzle are obviously reptile-like in design, so they're practically scaly. Now plenty of Dragon-types fit the reptile part fine as well, but then you get shit like Doggo Zygarde and Alolan Exeggutor who both clearly don't look like reptiles at all. So we obviously can't just be inclusive of the entire typing just because it's got 'dragon' written on it.
- The latter on the other hand is a good example of paying attention to what exact images you are posting; species like Nargacuga and Zinogre may technically be wyverns, but thanks to furry artists often fucking up finer details, art of them often forgo many if not all the reptilian parts and then you're likely left with people wondering "what the fuck that isn't scaly" because they're not seeing a reptile. They may be in the source material, but for most people here it's the image you're posting that counts the most.
- TL;DR: Make sure that dragon picture you're posting isn't actually a horse.
- END OF RINE
RAW Paste Data