20 Questions About.....Retro Pikachu.
mikey76500 Dec 28th, 2015 (edited) 30 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- Pikachu are usually considered to be cute little guys, but, supposedly, there's this one Pikachu that--following a set of extremely difficult and extremely precise directions--you can actually talk to and chat with in a secret location.
- No, not Pikablu--he's a phony. I'm talking about Retro Pikachu, of course. His name suggests a connoisseur of Pokemon, and you'd be right in assuming this. He's undeniably one of the biggest known PKMN fans in all of Prototype. That said, he also likes his Retro stuff, too, like Mega Man; the man does have well over 8 billion BP on Prototype as of this interview, after all.
- Let's hope there's nothing TOO shocking in here, wink, wink, nudge, nudge.
- Community Q's:
- Q1. Which type of Pokemon is your favorite? (TobyJoey)
- Retro: "I prefer the Electric type the most. They only have one weakness and generally speedy, which allows me to get the first hit. Take a guess for which Electric type is my favorite (HINT: It's in my username)."
- Q2. Do you ever plan to reach the top of the leaderboard? (TobyJoey/MegaBossMan)
- Retro: "At one point, I did have the intention of doing so, and I even got to 7th place at one point. However, I eventually got bored of grinding, and I looked at the overly-massive amount of Battle Points needed to get to the top. So I gave up, and I doubt I'll ever try again."
- Q3. Would you like this Thunderstone? (TobyJoey)
- Retro: "If I took the thunderstone, then I'd have to be called the Retro Raichu, which doesn't quite roll off the tongue for me. Besides that, do you have any idea how many usernames I'd have to change just because I touched a stone? And I would lose the ability to use the Light Ball. No thank you."
- Q4. When did you first start playing Pokemon/How were you introduced to the Pokemon Series? (Meta/MegaBossMan)
- Retro: "I started playing Pokemon roughly 4-5 years ago, with Pokemon Platinum Version. I lost the game (and the system) though, but I eventually got a DSi and bought Pokemon HeartGold Version."
- Q5. Besides Pokemon, what is your favorite Game Series? (ThatOneEnderMan)
- Retro: "If you asked me that about 6 months ago, I probably would have said Mega Man. But it's the present day and I've found the Fire Emblem series, a Strategy RPG with incredibly rewarding gameplay, stellar animations, and an instance of Perma-Death that works wonders because you take extra care of the incredibly interesting, well written, and lovable characters. I think Fire Emblem for the GBA is the only game in existence that I've willingly beaten about 5 times."
- Q6. What do you think about the Pokemon Anime and Ash's Pikachu? (ThatOneEnderMan)
- Retro: "Around 4 years ago, I used to watch the Anime, but I don't anymore. I got a bit tired of the slight cheesiness of the show, and the battles just didn't appeal to me that much nowadays. Ash's Pikachu? Overpowered. How does a Thunderbolt do massive damage to a Rhydon (a ground type; should be immune to electricity) by STRIKING IT'S HORN?! Not a foe that I would want to have."
- Q7. I know I've asked too many Pokemon questions, but hey, what'cha think about the original Pokemon intro? (MegaBossMan)
- Retro: "It's glorious. Even if I started watching the anime during the Diamond and Pearl run, I began going back to the roots of the show. I don't memorize song lyrics that often, so it's saying something if I can remember at least 95% of the this song's lyrics."
- Q8. How were you introduced to the Mega Man series? (MegaBossMan)
- Retro: "If memory serves correctly, I heard of the series being praised multiple times on the internet/YouTube (mainly from the YouTube channels "Cjszero01" and "RoahmMythril"). Eventually, I found a WiiWare card and bought Mega Man 2 for the NES on the Wii. I loved the game, and began playing other games in the series."
- Q9. A professor offers you a Charmander, Bulbasaur, or a Squirtle; Which one do you choose? (MegaBossMan)
- Retro: "Squirtle. I mainly base this off of the final evolutions of all of them, and the turtle with cannons on its back quickly confirm my decision with no hesitation."
- Q10. What is your favorite genre of book/tv to read/watch? (TobyJoey)
- Retro: "I don't watch much TV, and I hardly pick up a book to read. However, the few times that I do one or the other, I usually try to go in the Fantasy/Fiction genre. I find the "dream scenarios" of books and shows to capture my attention the most."
- Mikey's Q's:
- Q11. As probably the biggest Pokemon fan on Prototype, I have to ask you: What's your opinion on those horrendously overpowered and overall game-breaking Digievolu--Uh, I mean, uhhh, Mega Evolutions?
- Retro: "When I first saw the Mega Evolutions, I had mixed feelings. While I did fancy the concept, even I could see how much of a rip-off to Digimon this mechanic was. As I played through Pokemon X, I enjoyed ripping through foes with my Mega Pokemon. When I was playing the battle simulator Pokemon Showdown with and against Mega Pokemon, I found them surprisingly somewhat easy to take down compared to what I thought would happen. In 6v6, you have a ton of options for taking down Mega Pokemon... Anything smaller, however, and you begin to wish they never existed. In the end, I still have VERY mixed feelings on them."
- Q12. Think of the one official game in the Mega Man universe that you've always wanted to play, but, haven't, yet. What is it?
- Retro: "The Mega Man Legacy Collection. I probably would have bought and played it by now, but I'm trying to save up on a Wii U..."
- Q13. Between you and me.....the [Pokemon] anime sucks, now, doesn't it?
- Retro: "It was made to appeal to younger audiences, and while it's incredibly cheesy and far from the best, it's far from trash, and doesn't suck."
- Q14. If it were up to you, the next Top 50er you would have me interview [even if they've already been done, before] is.....?
- Retro: "Oooohhh... that's a tricky one... I'm personally biased towards having new people on 20Q, so going by that philosophy, it seems CrashBomber would be the best candidate for the next 20 Questions (in my opinion)."
- Q15. How are you enjoying the PMMCT, so far?
- Retro: "I enjoy the first PMMCT a lot, as I, for whatever reason, like to send my 2 cents to whatever and whoever. And considering that the PMMCT is essentially a tournament of popularity and opinions..."
- Q16. What's your most favorite official MM game?
- Retro: "...This is a tough one. Really tough one. I mean, tough as old boots made out of titanium, tough... It's a very close one between Mega Man 2 (First Mega Man game played), Mega Man World 5/Mega Man 5 for Gameboy (a game that takes a slightly different path on the Classic Formula), and Megaman Battle Network 6 (Only game I've ever 100% completed.)... I'm going to base this one off the time I spent on each one, and I'm fairly certain I spent the most time on Megaman Battle Network 6. A nice way to wrap up Battle Network, a very well polished battle system, loads of customization, tough enemies, and it's the only game I've One Hundred Percent completed."
- Q17. ...and your most hated?
- Retro: "I'm going off of what I've played so far of Mega Man Battle Network 1 to say that one's my least favorite. Encounters are too often, the internet is easy to get lost in as isn't visually appealing, you can't escape any battles unless you use a battle chip, and some of the bosses are way too cheap."
- Q18. What's YOUR opinion on Prototype's Star Force?
- Retro: "I feel like it should be restricted to single player, unless Adrian can find a way to completely balance it. I feel like being able to sweep through the single player is a nice reward for grinding so much. In multiplayer? Broken more than the old TV you find in the junkyard. I do think, however, that Adrian might just find a balance for Starforce. I'm just not sure what."
- Q19. Using at least 50 words, could you tell me something about you that you know for a fact I don't know?
- Retro: "My favorite, favorite, favorite, favorite, favorite, favorite, favorite, favorite, favorite, favorite, favorite, favorite, favorite, favorite, favorite, favorite, favorite, favorite, favorite, favorite, favorite, favorite, favorite, favorite, favorite, favorite, favorite, favorite, favorite, favorite, favorite, favorite, favorite, favorite, favorite, favorite, favorite, favorite, favorite, favorite, favorite, favorite, favorite, favorite, candy is a box of Nerds."
- Q20. Pika Pika?
- Retro: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7fDeaHtX2U
- Special thanks to Retro Pikachu for being so pika about being being a 20 Q's subject. Additional special thanks go to MegaBossMan, Meta, ThatOneEnderMan and TobyJoey for their suggestions; much appreciated, guys.
RAW Paste Data
Pastebin PRO Autumn Special!
Get 40% OFF on Pastebin PRO accounts!
Get 40% OFF on Pastebin PRO accounts!