- CROATIA/SERBIA/HUNGARY UPDATE (Wednesday 22:30 14/10/2015)
- SERBIAN-MACEDONIAN BORDER
- - PRESEVO - The situation on Tuesday was easy with almost no refugees, but during the night on Wednesday more than 2000-3000 refugees came from several trains and volunteers run out of food packs during the night. 58 000 refugees crossed Presevo during first 13 days of October.
- - Your help is needed there, but because of some problems, all volunteers are requested of register to any official NGO. Only volunteers through an accredited aid organization are eligible to work in Presevo. United Volunteers Ppresevo provides volunteers the opportunity for volunteers to register with UVP in order to gain these privileges, however, volunteers must agree to the organization and terms laid out by UVP. Please read all details and contacts at http://bit.ly/1GdEP5D, also about donations process. Or as for approval to closed FB group https://www.facebook.com/groups/1634251476846850/
- - If you are able to donate shoes and warm clothes, it would be great to have them in Presevo - Red Cross and UNHCR called for donations here. Please be sure, that all clothes and shoes are sorted and labelled in English, otherwise it is difficult to distribute them and sorting takes precious time. Especially children suffer from cold. Volunteers are now able to enter into the registration camp.
- - Contacts: There has been setup a coordination phone line, which should be used by volunteers approaching Presevo - +381 642 653 479 - they will let you know about the situation. Also there has been set up an storage room and also room for volunteers to sleep, info line will give you more detailed info about the situation - but call only when approaching Presevo.
- - DONATIONS FOR MIGRATION AID and for SOS-BAMAKO HUNGARY NEEDED! Two Hungarian organizations still needs donations, their warehouses are empty again. They are providing food, water and other help to those refugees waiting for long hours in trains and buses to be transported further in Zakany and Hegyeshalom.
- - Please see regular daily updates about what is needed and how to donate at https://www.facebook.com/migrationaidhungary and please donate! Newly they are also able to cook warm meals!
- - NEW: MigrationAid has a new temporary storage room close to the border area near Gyor where we can accept the same donations as in the Verseny street storage. Address: Duna street 28, Abda. Reception of donations only weekdays 10.00 - 12.00 (not on weekends or holidays). Also Budapest, Verseny street 10, still open for donations 16.00-20.00 every day.
- - Information about donations from abroad: http://www.migrationaid.net/english/
- - HEGYESHALOM - If you are going to help on Hungarian side (and certainly your help is very needed and welcome), please first contact Migration Aid (Ágnes Fatul) to announce your support! (Ágnes Fatul https://www.facebook.com/afatul in German/Hungarian or Melinda Opra https://www.facebook.com/melinda.opra in English/Hungarian). For general information contact Andras Siewert, Tel.: +36 30 895 1917, E-mail: email@example.com, https://www.facebook.com/siewert.org
- - ZAKANY - Huge efforts are made to cover food costs but volunteers there are quite out of money now. If anyone could contribute to food costs for refugees at Zákány please do it now. Team of volunteers "SOS Budapest - Bamako" is accepting donations for Zakany, contact them at https://www.facebook.com/Budapest-Bamako-SOS-Refugee-161590304178147, where you also can see what is needed there.
- Refugees at Zakany constantly need water and food for lunchpackets (bananas, apples, sliced bread, sliced cheese, muesli bars), also baby food and diapers. Please donate and help them. You can also send money via http://www.gofundme.com/sosrefugee For more information contact Petra Szabo https://www.facebook.com/szabopetra
- - Zakany also needs volunteers for days starting Friday!
- - And also: information on trains coming from Tovarnik crossing Botovo, Zákány, Győr for Hegyeshalom is now being collected in the group originally started for train information in Hungary. Please share and feel free to add information on trains (place, time, approximately number of people, special needs) at MiG RAiL: https://www.facebook.com/groups/818175334964977/?fref=ts
- CROATIA/SERBIA border
- - BAPSKA/BERKASOVO - Situation is stabilized, 2000 refugees a day, still in a need of warm clothes and shoes.
- - NEW: Theree has been set up a universal coordinating number for Bapska/Berkasovo - +381 649 366 029. When arriving on place, please report yourself at the coordination team and please obey they instructions.
- - Croatian police set up army tents in the waiting area so now all the area is covered. Rain is expected for next two days so raincoats and warm clothes is always welcomed.
- - Room at local hotel has been rented and 10 volunteers could have a rest and take shower there between the shifts, a house will be rented starting Wednesday for this purposes by Czech "People in need" NGO (PIN). Large coordination meetings of all NGOs on the place (UNHCR, Red Cross, Operation Mercy, World Vision, MSF) are being held twice a week to better coordination of all efforts, supplies and medical aid. Volunteers are now allowed to cook for themselves, so you can bring you camping cooker and other stuff to feed yourself and your volunteer mates. There are being held efforts to rent single house for volunteers, but still no luck.
- - All volunteers in Serbia must fill a short form and be registered to police, our volunteers went through the registration today and it is only a small form. System has been established to deliver all forms to police station in Šid via one person.
- - Clothes: warm jackets and other warm clothes, gloves, hats, SHOES! (especially 38-44 size, but all sizes are good, especially mens), new SOCKS!, bags (backpacks, ikea bags, plastic waste bags). Also mens trousers - jeans are problematic to fit, please try to collect tracksuits and other loosely worn trousers, also leggins for women. Food in larger quantities is problem to delivery across the border, so please buy it in Serbia/Croatia directly. Don't bring t-shirts and other summer clothes, there is no time tom deliver them at all and they takes space in the storages.
- - Donations: Raincoats needed. Also 5l and 0,5l water packages, gloves, plastic cups and spoons, lot of black tea bags, duct tape, cookies, chocolate bars, bananas.
- - Volunteers from the Czech republic are asked to use http://uprchlici.respublica.cz to assign their timeslots and offer/demand transport to Croatia/Serbia.
- - Location of makeshift camp is near Šid at Serbian side, when approaching Šid from west (from Tovarnik) turn left on light, and after 2,5 km turn slightly left when road turns right (fork type of crossroad), then through the fields cca 3,5 km and you arrive on the spot.
- - Even when working on Serbian site at Bapska border crossing, try to set permanently Croatian phone operators to stay within EU roaming prices.
- - Volunteers helping at Miksaliste (Mostarska 5, Beograd) set up also their VolunteerSpot account and are asking anyone who is in Belgrade to sign up for various tasks needed to be done there. Visit http://www.volunteerspot.com/login/entry/4179297180119 to see what is needed there and to sign up for timeslots, or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Other news
- - If you are on the road and need to know which refugee areas have urgent needs please check www.refugeemap.com, which is updated daily by a team of volunteers. If you are online regularly and could contribute in updating new spots and helping field volunteers this way, please contact them at https://www.facebook.com/RefugeeMap/
- - You can follow map with all spots with refugees here: http://umap.openstreetmap.fr/cs-cz/map/refugee-crisis-eu_55091#6/46.883/20.314
- - Archive of these updates could be found at http://pastebin.com/u/michalberg
- - Police department in Burgenland (Eastern Austria) has opened a 24hr hotline. Family members who are looking for their relatives can call: +43 591 331 033 33
- - If you are willing to donate money to Czech team in Serbia, you can use my paypal email@example.com and I will move the funds immediately to the people on site. You can also donate firstname.lastname@example.org for MigrationAid. Thanks to those who already donated!
- - When traveling to help, always take headlight, reflexion vest, good shoes, protective gloves and warm clothes and be prepared for rain. And always try to contact anyone in charge of coordination on site and obey his instructions and forget about any alcohol on site. Please also note that situation may change at any time.
- - Czech only: Kordinátoři sestavili Kodex dobrovolníka, který se vycestováním zavazujete dodržovat: http://kodexdobrovolnika.jdem.cz/
- - Odkaz na užitečný manuál pro dobrovolníky je http://dobrovolnici.jdem.cz/ - určitě čtěte před odjezdem. Pro vjezd do Srbska stačí jakákoli platná občanka.
CROATIA/SERBIA/HUNGARY UPDATE (Wednesday 22:30 14/10/2015)
michalberg Oct 14th, 2015 1,415 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
RAW Paste Data