a guest Feb 20th, 2019 56 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- Below are terminal commands I frequently use:
- EXIT FROM THE CURRENT OPERATION: CONTROL + D
- CLEAR PREVIOUS COMMANDS: COMMAND + K; CLEAR
- FILE COMMANDS
- open a file with sublime text from Terminal: subl file
- Before that, set up the above shortcut:
- # You can create a new alias in Terminal:
- nano ~/.bash_profile
- # Copy this line and paste it into the editor:
- alias subl='open -a "Sublime Text"'
- # Hit control + x, then y, then enter to save and close it.
- # Close all Terminal windows and open it up again.
- # That's it, you can now use subl filename or subl .
- rename a file: rm fileOld fileNew
- create a file: touch file
- remove a file rm file
RAW Paste Data