Install a VS for Version 1511
decagonal Mar 14th, 2016 (edited) 12,053 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- Aight so the source for the site is down, here is basically how to patch for Version 1511, won't work on 1607.
- 1. DL the latest version of UxStyle from here: https://github.com/riverar/uxstyle.
- 2. Go to C:\Windows\Resources\Themes\aero and rename "aerolite.msstyles" to "aerolite.msstyles.bak" and then create a folder called aerolite.msstyles.
- 3. Make backups of all your Visual Styles and move them somewhere.
- 4. COPY the Visual Styles folder (containing .msstyles, wallpaper, shell folder) to the aerolite.msstyles folder.
- That folder should look like this - http://puu.sh/pA6Bs/47251cd0ad.png
- 5. Copy the .theme file to C:\Windows\Resources\Themes, not in the aero folder as it won't show up.
- That folder should look like this - http://puu.sh/pA6Cx/9aa5603e13.png
- 6. Install UxStyle using the .exe.
- 7. Go to Personalization (Settings>Personalization>Themes>Themes Settings)
- Should look like this - http://puu.sh/pA6BS/df5bf6bc27.png
- 8. Check the .theme file to make sure it's set to the correct path, edit it in your text editor and change all locations if you need to.
- 9. Apply the Visual Style, if it doesn't work you may need to restart for UxStyle to take effect, but you usually shouldn't have to.
- Thanks go to Grim for finding this method.
RAW Paste Data